PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2010, 12:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: AT&T =[

flatlander_2k5 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to flatlander_2k5 Send a message via MSN to flatlander_2k5 Send a message via Yahoo to flatlander_2k5 Send a message via Skype™ to flatlander_2k5
Exclamation 3G Compatibility Help

Alrighty, so I recently acquired both a Sprint version and a T-Mobile version of the Touch Pro 2...

Got everything unlocked and such, but my question is: Can either of them use AT&T's 3G or am I going to be stuck on EDGE with both of them? Based on everything I can find, the T-Mo is pretty much hopeless, but I'm not too sure about the Sprint. Idk, maybe a new radio or something could fix the T-Mo issue?

Thanks for the help, just trying to figure out how I should approach this. If I find out for sure that the Sprint version is capable, I might just try to find someone willing to trade for the T-Mobile or something.
Old 05-26-2010, 12:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: 3G Compatibility Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatlander_2k5 View Post
Alrighty, so I recently acquired both a Sprint version and a T-Mobile version of the Touch Pro 2...

Got everything unlocked and such, but my question is: Can either of them use AT&T's 3G or am I going to be stuck on EDGE with both of them? Based on everything I can find, the T-Mo is pretty much hopeless, but I'm not too sure about the Sprint. Idk, maybe a new radio or something could fix the T-Mo issue?

Thanks for the help, just trying to figure out how I should approach this. If I find out for sure that the Sprint version is capable, I might just try to find someone willing to trade for the T-Mobile or something.
From my understanding the Sprint phone will not get 3G on US GSM carriers just 1X but someone correct me if I am wrong please.

Old 05-27-2010, 01:05 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

The t mobile phone will also not get AT&T 3G
Old 05-27-2010, 01:09 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: Telus

Mr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation levelMr. X can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)

neither will work on at&t

sell them and get an at&t version

If I have helped you, you like my work, want to get me a coffee or you feel like you wish to help me get my next device.

feel free to its appreciated, but not required!

Thanks To everyone who donated!
Old 05-27-2010, 04:43 PM
PPCG's Travelling Nomad
Pocket PC: Samsung Note 3
Carrier: Sprint

Mojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on repMojary is halfway to VIP status based on rep

as far as I know, Wesley762 is correct. the members who've tried to sim unlock their sprint tp2 were only able to get EDGE. and adding on what Mr. X posted, if you wanted a tp2 using at&t, why spend all those money on tp2's from other networks?...why didn't you just buy the at&t version of the tp2?

Never argue with a stupid person. First, they'll drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2