PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 10:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: sprint

chile62 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question SRS WOW, anybody have a working cab?

I get the dreaded SOD with this one cab, I would really like to get a cab that works on my TP-2 running the latest Plutonium ROM.
SRS WOWHD v1.5.1.0_v2.1.cab

This cab is for the HTC HD LEO, and it does work on that phone.

Thanks.

See this thread at XDA
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=584626

Last edited by chile62; 05-26-2010 at 05:45 PM. Reason: add more info
Old 05-26-2010, 12:24 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: SRS WOW, anybody have a working cab?

it doesnt matter what you think a cab will do.. the speaker inside your phone wouldnt even be able to produce HD sound.. phones have a tweeter in em thats about it...

which means your only going to get the kind of sound reproduction youd get out of a set of "highs"... youd need a good 3 or 4 way speaker in a phone to fully process HD audio id think..

a cell phones speaker is probably at 30 OHMs.. thats high as hell.. cars and house speakers start at roughly 8OHMs.. thats why car speakers for systems get bridged down to 2OHMs, to increase the bass..

your phone speaker isnt going to give you a "rich, deep bass experience" no matter what you do to it... aside from changing the speaker

Old 05-26-2010, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

joeyc1123 is becoming a great contributor

I normally hook my phone up(headphone jack) to the auxilery input in my car radio, would this make a difference in sound through my car speakers or would this only affect my tp2's speaker?
Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 AM
PPCGeeks VIP

Formula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIPFormula84 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeyc1123 View Post
I normally hook my phone up(headphone jack) to the auxilery input in my car radio, would this make a difference in sound through my car speakers or would this only affect my tp2's speaker?
Used to work great with TP have not looked for a cab because I forgot about it, hopefully someone has something. I did see a HD2 cab on XDA
Old 05-26-2010, 01:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula84 View Post
Used to work great with TP have not looked for a cab because I forgot about it, hopefully someone has something. I did see a HD2 cab on XDA
This is the cab for the HD2 phone found at XDA, but it makes my phone not wake up after it goes to sleep.

I was wanting to use this with my headphones, car stereo and home stereo, I never intended to get better sound out of the phone's speakers.

I'll keep searching for a cab that works with my TP-2 'cause i am hooked!

Thanks.

Ed

Last edited by chile62; 05-26-2010 at 05:21 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:02 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Hybrid Touch Pro2

Tilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuffTilde88 knows their stuff

um i dont think he wants it for HD....i know i dont... but your totally right on the [5] channels for true HD...i want it for what i used to use it on my TP1... louder sound... that owned audiopara
Your welcome
Old 05-26-2010, 05:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilde88 View Post
um i dont think he wants it for HD....i know i dont... but your totally right on the [5] channels for true HD...i want it for what i used to use it on my TP1... louder sound... that owned audiopara
I would love to have this working on my TP-2 for my headphones, because this cab adds some significant clarity and definition to the music being heard.
I am not concerned about making things louder.

Last edited by chile62; 05-26-2010 at 05:40 PM.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:13 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Here is the one I installed on my Diamond:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...8&postcount=81

Seems to work fine!
It should work on the TP2 as well.
Old 05-27-2010, 03:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

THE-COPS is keeping up the good workTHE-COPS is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Yahoo to THE-COPS

I heard the SRS WOW software doesnt work on the TP2 at all. I get mixed reports, but mainly I hear that when people install it, the sound coming out of the speakers is nothing but a lot of loud static and crackling. I know this worked on a lot of previous phones, but I think some changes in the audiopara file may be the cause of this. I haven't tried the one that horndoctor posted. But I am almost assuming it may be the same one as above. I'll wait till someone else tries it and see the results. I don't wanna have to do a MR at this time because of some app screwed up my sound. Saying this as I heard uninstalls sometimes don't fix the sound problem.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2