PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2010, 04:06 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro Dos
Carrier: Sprint

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I would pay for a good/stable Android port to TP2

I would pay 200 dlrs to get a good stable port of Android to TP2 Being that I was fortunate enough to have Sero accounts and no way be able to get the EVO or any Android phone for that matter I think would be cheaper in the long run to pay 200 or more one time rather than to have to double my monthly plan from now on
Old 05-25-2010, 04:09 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: I would pay for a good/stable Android port to TP2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vzihome View Post
I would pay 200 dlrs to get a good stable port of Android to TP2 Being that I was fortunate enough to have Sero accounts and no way be able to get the EVO or any Android phone for that matter I think would be cheaper in the long run to pay 200 or more one time rather than to have to double my monthly plan from now on
People are still working very hard on this, they are getting improvement's every day. Only time and more work will solve this.

Old 05-25-2010, 04:16 PM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Youre not the only one! And I wish you can upgrade the hardware on these things like computers. I wouldnt get a new phone ever
Old 05-25-2010, 04:24 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
Youre not the only one! And I wish you can upgrade the hardware on these things like computers. I wouldnt get a new phone ever
lol I am sure it would be interesting to see your 386 running Windows 7. just kidding with ya. sometimes it's just move with the times or don't move at all.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:25 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

edit
i know its not perfect yet.. but what do you want it to do? i run xandroid, half the day everyday without problems..

i used to get an error when loading my home widgets but that was because of my font in my clock... changed the clock, fixed the problem...

only issue i really have is the the no sound... i just keep it on vibrate, like most i assume...

but i mean gps and wifi work along with web, and such... well yeah i guess i forgot no mms or camera, but i dont really use those things anyways..

edit... if you really want an evo..take the 200+ your willing to spend on this, goto bestbuy and sell your tp2 for $175.. and your only a few bucks off really from evo price

Last edited by boredandtattooed; 05-25-2010 at 06:30 PM.
Old 05-25-2010, 06:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

vzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regularvzihome is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
People are still working very hard on this, they are getting improvement's every day. Only time and more work will solve this.
I know progress has been amazing and i wish i could help, cant wait for sound and not have to boot from windows Thing is just amazing
Old 05-25-2010, 06:35 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
I know progress has been amazing and i wish i could help, cant wait for sound and not have to boot from windows Thing is just amazing
I am in the same Boat, I would love to be able to run a fully functioning Android on my TP2. A while back I had almost talked my self into getting a Samsung Moment just to play with android but after playing with it in the store I am glad I didn't. the Android part was nice but the Moment's hardware just rubbed me the wrong way.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

[QUOTE=boredandtattooed

edit... if you really want an evo..take the 200+ your willing to spend on this, goto bestbuy and sell your tp2 for $175.. and your only a few bucks off really from evo price[/QUOTE]
dont really want to give my SERO plan up, dont see a need to spend more money but thanks for the tip

Quote:
I am in the same Boat, I would love to be able to run a fully functioning Android on my TP2. A while back I had almost talked my self into getting a Samsung Moment just to play with android but after playing with it in the store I am glad I didn't. the Android part was nice but the Moment's hardware just rubbed me the wrong way.
Would rather have the option to play with windows if i get bored with android
wonder if any of the chefs out there would try to create a flashable android rom in nbh format wouldnt be too bad with all the current tweaks gps and batt
Old 05-25-2010, 09:16 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Would rather have the option to play with windows if i get bored with android
wonder if any of the chefs out there would try to create a flashable android rom in nbh format wouldnt be too bad with all the current tweaks gps and batt
This is Kinda......

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=113402
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

Quote:
thank you sir

** edit: what are the benefits of a stripped rom? more available memory for android? TIA

Last edited by vzihome; 05-25-2010 at 10:24 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2