PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2011, 03:53 PM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to lock volume buttons while phone is locked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor View Post
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Hmm...I wish I knew exactly what to tell you to try. Maybe split the script into 2 seperate scripts? One to run once when s2u2 exe is running and then one to run when it isn't.
actually i think that will work ..... heck maybe you are a super geeeeeeeenius :P
Old 09-13-2011, 04:16 PM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
Quote:

Hmm...I wish I knew exactly what to tell you to try. Maybe split the script into 2 seperate scripts? One to run once when s2u2 exe is running and then one to run when it isn't.
actually i think that will work ..... heck maybe you are a super geeeeeeeenius :P
lol!
The jury is still out on that.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

did you guys find an answer ?
Old 09-16-2011, 02:54 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
did you guys find an answer ?
I'm using the last version of s2u2 and I don't have this problem so I'm not sure what to suggest other than maybe contacting the developer to see if he has any thoughts.
Your script idea seemed to show some promise. Any news on that?
Old 09-16-2011, 05:15 PM

Quote:

I'm using the last version of s2u2 and I don't have this problem so I'm not sure what to suggest other than maybe contacting the developer to see if he has any thoughts.
Your script idea seemed to show some promise. Any news on that?
yeah it works i just hate posting something and then someone says its already been done lol . so id figure to ask . and on a fresh install of stock ROM followed by S2U2 and i do experience the problems caused . i do remember thats why i quit using S2U2 lol .
Old 09-17-2011, 01:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb View Post
....................thats why i quit using S2U2 lol .
The developer informed me the cause of the issue with it not locking the volume keys is the manner in which HTC TP2 locks the volume keys. Apparently, S2U2 is not able to lock them on all HTC models.

In addition, of late, S2U2 will not unlock with an incoming call, and BOTH the stock 'slide to answer' and the S2U2 answer buttons appear one on top of the other.

Why has it become so unstable......who knows.

Regarding the Winmo lock: It is fine except that in order for the device to lock automatically after a preset time, you must use a delay setting and password. This becomes a nuisance since you need to unlock the device each time to access it.

Also, the stock TP2 can only display one appointment on either the lock screen or today screen, and two on the Calender sub-screen.

S2U2 had more flexibility.

Yes, S2U2 has gone by by.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda View Post
The developer informed me the cause of the issue with it not locking the volume keys is the manner in which HTC TP2 locks the volume keys. Apparently, S2U2 is not able to lock them on all HTC models.

In addition, of late, S2U2 will not unlock with an incoming call, and BOTH the stock 'slide to answer' and the S2U2 answer buttons appear one on top of the other.

Why has it become so unstable......who knows.

Regarding the Winmo lock: It is fine except that in order for the device to lock automatically after a preset time, you must use a delay setting and password. This becomes a nuisance since you need to unlock the device each time to access it.

Also, the stock TP2 can only display one appointment on either the lock screen or today screen, and two on the Calender sub-screen.

S2U2 had more flexibility.

Yes, S2U2 has gone by by.
ever since winmo 6.5.x I've been using the stock lock screen . with my script , its a flawless lockscreen . (in my mind)
Old 09-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Just FYI, s2u2 locks the volume buttons for me on the Sprint Shipped 6.1 Rom.
Old 09-17-2011, 11:08 PM

Quote:

interesting , did you change any settings registry ? and did you try turning on the screen with it still locked and adjust the volume while the screen is on ?
Old 09-17-2011, 11:57 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Quote:

interesting , did you change any settings registry ? and did you try turning on the screen with it still locked and adjust the volume while the screen is on ?
I didn't change anything in the registry just installed and configured it. I have it set to turn off the screen if the power button is pressed and/or I get a text and the proximity sensor is blocked which is one of the main things I like about it because we all know about that issue.
I can push the power button and the screen comes on and it's locked and push the volume buttons and nothing happens. When I unlock it and check the volume is unchanged.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2