PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 09:18 AM
Super genious in training
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to lock volume buttons while phone is locked?

why can't you guys stray from s2u2 ? I use the default lock screen . and have loved it ever since . however I do prefer the 6.5.x lockscreen over 6.5 . I did have s2u2 installed but didn't like it , went and bought pocketshield . It was better than s2u2 , but yet here I am using the stock . Absolutly love it .
Old 09-11-2011, 11:58 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda
At the moment, there does not seem to be an explanation as to why this occurs.

My HTC TP2 has been using S2U2 for awhile and the volume controls would always lock when the screen locked. NO MORE!
One day they locked and the next they did not. I don't monkey around with installing all kinds of programs, so the device remained essentially the same from the time I installed S2U2.

The phone uses 6.5 but was never upgraded after installing S2U2 either.
Thus far, I have not found a setting or program that is causing the conflict with the device controls.

Over at XDA Developers forum, the same question has been asked, and no resolution found so far.

I sent a support email to the developer of S2U2 and am waiting on an answer which I will post if received.

What I did to limit the problems is to turn the phone in the case so the volume buttons face upwards (case is horizontal) not the bottom which reduces pressure on the keys.

I did not try a hard reset because at this stage, it is not worth it. The volume controls are NOT normally locked without having S2U2, so there is no real problem with the phone.

Wish I had a better answer.
I recommend you completely uninstall s2u2 and then reinstall it and set it up again. When I say completely I mean after you run Remove Programs use File Explorer and delete the folder S2U2 in Program Files and then go into the registry and delete the registry tree HKEY_CURRENT_USER/Software/A_C/S2U2.

FYI If you installed any software that remaps any keys they can break s2u2's locking abilities.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I did exactly that! Still does not work right. As I said, I don't usually install any app with which I am not familiar.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:40 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Wirelessly posted (htc Pocket PC: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Did you happen to install Rhodium Keyboard Controller?
Old 09-11-2011, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2

qanda is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Nope. Here is some additional info.

If I allow the WinMo 6.5 system lock to take over, it locks the keys every time. If I then set S2U2 to replace the WM lock, S2U2 activates even when I use the system lock button which is correct.
So, if S2U2 IS replacing the WM lock, then I can't understand why it won't lock the keys.

Therefore, whatever manner in which S2U2 'connects' to the volume keys is not working.

Its like having two light switches to control the same light. One works and the other doesn't.

For sure, it is not the device. I have checked all the relevant settings in S2U2 that might affect the volume keys: In Call volume, Dont lock Volume Keys, Dont use Keyboard hook etc.

Out of ideas.
Old 09-11-2011, 10:04 PM

elesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on repelesbb is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know what the problem is I'm conjuring up a solution
Old 09-11-2011, 10:06 PM

oh and to whoever said about holding both volume buttons down and taping the screen to bring up the digitizer .. IT WORKS ! why though ? weird shortcut xP
Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 AM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by qanda
Nope. Here is some additional info.

If I allow the WinMo 6.5 system lock to take over, it locks the keys every time. If I then set S2U2 to replace the WM lock, S2U2 activates even when I use the system lock button which is correct.
So, if S2U2 IS replacing the WM lock, then I can't understand why it won't lock the keys.

Therefore, whatever manner in which S2U2 'connects' to the volume keys is not working.

Its like having two light switches to control the same light. One works and the other doesn't.

For sure, it is not the device. I have checked all the relevant settings in S2U2 that might affect the volume keys: In Call volume, Dont lock Volume Keys, Dont use Keyboard hook etc.

Out of ideas.
Hmm...well maybe it's rom dependent meaning it has some compatibility issue with 6.5 or with Sense 2.5 or something like that. I'm using 6.1 so maybe there is some difference there.

Maybe elesb will save the day?
Old 09-13-2011, 01:10 PM

@horndoctor, im gonna need some helpp . i have a mortscript that will lock the volume buttons , all it does it write a reg value when S2U2 comes active , and writes it back to original when it becomes unactive , however , for some reason it seems that my script isnt waiting for S2U2 to become unactive , therefore it just keeps running the script when its locked . any ideas ?
Old 09-13-2011, 03:30 PM
Suuuper Geeenius

Quote:
Originally Posted by elesbb
@horndoctor, im gonna need some helpp . i have a mortscript that will lock the volume buttons , all it does it write a reg value when S2U2 comes active , and writes it back to original when it becomes unactive , however , for some reason it seems that my script isnt waiting for S2U2 to become unactive , therefore it just keeps running the script when its locked . any ideas ?
Hmm...I wish I knew exactly what to tell you to try. Maybe split the script into 2 seperate scripts? One to run once when s2u2 exe is running and then one to run when it isn't.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2