PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 10:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re-lock or leave unlocked before selling?

So I'm selling my TP2, thanks to everyone here for making it such a great phone!

I'm wondering what people have done before selling their unlocked TP2s. I just unlocked it for ROMs only, and currently have an older build of Vin's plutonium ROM. I know its a better phone than it came from the factory as, but for selling to the general public (Craigslist) would it be safer to flash back to stock and/or relock? Just wondering what others have done.

Thanks!
Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Re-lock or leave unlocked before selling?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TP1085 View Post
So I'm selling my TP2, thanks to everyone here for making it such a great phone!

I'm wondering what people have done before selling their unlocked TP2s. I just unlocked it for ROMs only, and currently have an older build of Vin's plutonium ROM. I know its a better phone than it came from the factory as, but for selling to the general public (Craigslist) would it be safer to flash back to stock and/or relock? Just wondering what others have done.

Thanks!
I would flash it back to stock just make them aware that its unlocked. most people get excited to hear that.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

southernSTYLE is just getting started

I sold my old Touch Pro unlocked and I got a thousand questions about what it meant to be unlocked, I told them too google it, but it does get people excited and you could probably sell it for more. I sold my Touch Pro for more because of it.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint Sero Premium 500 Premier Gold!

kirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on repkirstein is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
I would flash it back to stock just make them aware that its unlocked. most people get excited to hear that.
I agree. Unless you new owner is a bit of a phone geek, a custom flashed phone is likely to be a big headache. Not to mention that he'll never get it supported.
Old 05-24-2010, 10:41 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirstein View Post
I agree. Unless you new owner is a bit of a phone geek, a custom flashed phone is likely to be a big headache. Not to mention that he'll never get it supported.
That would be why I said to flash back to stock, lot less issues for who ever it gets sold to.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

TP1085 is becoming a great contributor

Thanks for the responses. I think I'll flash it to the stock sprint 6.5 rom, and let them know its unlocked.
Old 05-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

Flash to stock 6. 1 cuz its faster and leave phone hspl unlocked

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2