PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2010, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 | DROID X
Carrier: VzW | Mighty ROM | ?

Sapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LG Fathom [VZW] [6.5.3]

Interesting...Can't wait for the chefs to get their hands on official 6.5.3 if they have not already done so!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:11 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: LG Fathom [VZW] [6.5.3]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapo2112 View Post
Interesting...Can't wait for the chefs to get their hands on official 6.5.3 if they have not already done so!

nothing to do with TP2.. and here, ill do the work for you for the others.. http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/24/l...dget+(Engadget)

UGLIEST phone ive seen in awhile!
Old 05-24-2010, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

joe50000 is a n00b

LG doesn't make the greatest phones...
Old 05-24-2010, 02:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 (Rhodium)

Tybalt39 is keeping up the good workTybalt39 is keeping up the good work

I could be wrong, but I think what the OP is suggesting is for someone to grab the "official" WM6.5.3 Verizon ROM from this device and port it into a custom ROM for the TP2. Am I correct in assuming this was done already from some other carrier's device in order to create the currently released custom 6.5.3 ROMs?
PDA w/TTS (NAVTEQ 2009 Q4 maps) WVGA
HTC Mobile WiFi Router (under Comm Manager)
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-24-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2 | DROID X
Carrier: VzW | Mighty ROM | ?
Threadstarter

Sapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good workSapo2112 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tybalt39 View Post
I could be wrong, but I think what the OP is suggesting is for someone to grab the "official" WM6.5.3 Verizon ROM from this device and port it into a custom ROM for the TP2. Am I correct in assuming this was done already from some other carrier's device in order to create the currently released custom 6.5.3 ROMs?
Tybalt, you are correct. Since I am on VZW, it is nice to see the "official" 6.5.3 for my carrier and hope it can be used by the Chefs in a positive way!
Old 05-24-2010, 02:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

That phone is hideous

Don't click me
Old 05-24-2010, 02:56 PM
iPhone Killer
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

dwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsdwizzy130 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Having an "Official" build is not going to do as much good as it sounds. We have already gotten one from the HD Mini and it's no different then the ones that get leaked. I'd be surprised if we haven't gotten the build already. It will be from the 236xx branch and we have gotten a lot of those lately. It also looks pretty stripped, ie no new UI's. Since VZW doesn't have any specific problems with 6.5.X, I don't see anything exciting coming from this.

dwizzy130

Old 05-24-2010, 04:47 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwizzy130 View Post
Having an "Official" build is not going to do as much good as it sounds. We have already gotten one from the HD Mini and it's no different then the ones that get leaked. I'd be surprised if we haven't gotten the build already. It will be from the 236xx branch and we have gotten a lot of those lately. It also looks pretty stripped, ie no new UI's. Since VZW doesn't have any specific problems with 6.5.X, I don't see anything exciting coming from this.

dwizzy130
Maybe we will get lucky and they have fixed a few of the graphical error's but who knows can just hope for the best.

BTW that Phone is truly ugly but I am sure there will be some people all over it because it has a 1Ghz chip.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:13 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Maybe we will get lucky and they have fixed a few of the graphical error's but who knows can just hope for the best.

BTW that Phone is truly ugly but I am sure there will be some people all over it because it has a 1Ghz chip.
Hopefully they stick w/ the 1Ghz processor...the Ally was suppose to be 1Ghz but instead only came w/ a 600MHz processor.
Old 05-24-2010, 05:29 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
Hopefully they stick w/ the 1Ghz processor...the Ally was suppose to be 1Ghz but instead only came w/ a 600MHz processor.
Ya that would be nice for the Verizon user's out there. Would really like to see Sprint come out with another Nice WM 6.5 phone but I am not holding my breath.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2