PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 10:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: galaxy s5, iPhone 6s plus 64
Carrier: AT&T

great2c4me is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Great, I've installed 6.5, and I hate it. now what?

Well, are we supposed to love 6.5? There are several things that I simply hate about it. the tweaks look like they would help the problems that I didn't have on 6.1, however tweaks appear to be just an ass load of work.
So, with that said, is there a way to just get back to 6.1, like I had before?
I thought that 6.5 was going to be better - yet it appears to use a lot more memory than 6.1 - I suppose that's why my phone freezes up often, and otherwise takes forever to switch from one program to the next.
I assume win mo 6.5 was made to be ran with a much faster processor, like the snapdragon.
Now what the hell happened to the pull down quick menu? I used that all the time to switch from one program to the next... now I have placed the task mgr on my home screen just so I can have some pathetic, degraded function of the quick menu??? which doesn't work with opera.
Should I want 6.1 back? is it really worse than 6.5? or rather, isn't 6.5 supposed be better than 6.1?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:44 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Great, I've installed 6.5, and I hate it. now what?

unlock and flash a custom rom, you will like them.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon

joe50000 is a n00b

Actually the reason why 6.5 is slow is because windows mobile in general is not optimized for the current chipsets out there. That and it's way more graphically intense. But they still haven't fixed all the problems with not being touch friendly.
Old 05-23-2010, 10:51 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

If you really feel the need to go back to stock 6.1 you can find it at the link below, but give 6.5 with Sense 2.5 some time it can grow on you really fast and Honestly to get the full experience Try some custom ROM's.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...15&postcount=1

Old 05-23-2010, 10:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
unlock and flash a custom rom, you will like them.
where can I find info on how to unlock and flash?
Will it still be a win mo interface?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:00 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by great2c4me View Post
where can I find info on how to unlock and flash?
Will it still be a win mo interface?
Link for HSPL

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...09&postcount=1

And Yes it will be WM, you can find them in all kinds of flavors. take a look around in the CDMA upgrade forum.
Old 05-23-2010, 11:03 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

You can fix the task manager proh by downloading HTC_Taskmanager.cab. JUSt google for it.

Gone alSo is owner info @today screen ( uncalled for privacyconcern?). You can enable an icon in setting to show owner info, but I wish there is a reg setting or cab to have it back on today screen. This new bs by sprint make it harder to enter owner name needed for registration of many progs. Also I like it on today screen as a way to personalize my phone w/info for returning the phone if it gets lost..
Old 05-23-2010, 11:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

what is Sense 2.5? an Ap? where can I find and learn all about it?
Old 05-23-2010, 11:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
If you really feel the need to go back to stock 6.1 you can find it at the link below, but give 6.5 with Sense 2.5 some time it can grow on you really fast and Honestly to get the full experience Try some custom ROM's.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...15&postcount=1
Sense sucks ass. I go for more memory and function over pretty GUI anyday. Not like the base 6.5 is that unusable. custom rom might be better
Old 05-23-2010, 11:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

great2c4me is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
You can fix the task manager proh by downloading HTC_Taskmanager.cab. JUSt google for it.

Gone alSo is owner info @today screen ( uncalled for privacyconcern?). You can enable an icon in setting to show owner info, but I wish there is a reg setting or cab to have it back on today screen. This new bs by sprint make it harder to enter owner name needed for registration of many progs. Also I like it on today screen as a way to personalize my phone w/info for returning the phone if it gets lost..
Well in that case (so did I) I only could imagine that there are some really cool builds that can be done on 6.1, right?
I'm kinda convinced that 6.1 with some custom tweaks, ought to be way better than 6.5 with tweaks... any thoughts?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
wm 6.1 back on my tp2