PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2010, 09:32 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
FYI: TP1 to TP2 Swap Still Happening

Just an FYI: Sprint is still replacing Touch Pro's with Touch Pro 2's.

Since the TP2 is likely the last SERO-compatible phone, I wanted another "back-up" ... so I ebayed a TP for $75, got it home, activated it, and sure enough, I had the random lock-ups. So I dropped by the Sprint Store & my new TP2 should be there tomorrow or Tuesday.

Old 05-23-2010, 10:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: FYI: TP1 to TP2 Swap Still Happening

umm we have tp2s already, hence being in a tp2 forum lol

theres 2 threads dedicated to the replacements in the tp1 forum, your info may be better served over there
Old 05-23-2010, 10:22 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Threadstarter

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
umm we have tp2s already, hence being in a tp2 forum lol

theres 2 threads dedicated to the replacements in the tp1 forum, your info may be better served over there
lol...ummm, yes we do. and this is confirming a mean for us to acquire another. but you already have like 9, right? =D>
Old 05-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

So i got a TP also. Bought it from Bestbuy 1.5 yrs ago w/ contract renew. Can I ask them to swap mine too? What do I need to do/say beside "I am getting random lock"?
Old 05-23-2010, 10:59 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

all i did was complain about my battery issues and i got mine
Old 05-23-2010, 11:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

YnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regularYnYng is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

does this require extending your contract?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenscivic View Post
On a side note, I told my fiance what I was doing and she said I am officially a nerd, so I punched her in the ovaries and screamed out "Ppcgeeks ROCKS!"
Old 05-23-2010, 11:12 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO 2 (Sprint)

ModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on repModmyPPC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
So i got a TP also. Bought it from Bestbuy 1.5 yrs ago w/ contract renew. Can I ask them to swap mine too? What do I need to do/say beside "I am getting random lock"?
Since your phones manfactores warrenty expired you need a new phone otherwise your going to pay the 100 dollar deductible. So Walk in to a sprint store tell them your problems they will either fix it or give you another touch pro. they fix it for free. They usually dont offer tp2. Ask if they can order it to your house if they dont offer it. If not tell them to just fix your phone.

Once you recieve it call sprint. ASK TO SPEAK TO ADVANCED TECHNICAL SUPPORT.

Tell them about your phones lock ups. Since your new phone is still under manufactorers warrenty they have to replace it for free (do not go through asurion) Dont ask for the TP2 let them offer it.

Dont accept a different phone other then one compatible to yours.

Once you have 3 replacements or so they offer you the TP2. Just stick it out and keep on calling.

I had to give it a few times but I got mine.

Hope this helps

Old 05-23-2010, 11:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric12341 View Post
all i did was complain about my battery issues and i got mine

I guess you don't have any extended warantee on it. I am so close to my contract date that I think they will make me renew, but would be nice to get 9 free TP2. I am sure they got boxload of those since EVo is coming out
Old 05-23-2010, 11:23 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
I'm pretty sure you can. I simply told the rep that my phone locked up after being charged overnight. I was missing calls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnYng View Post
does this require extending your contract?
No, you will not be extending your contract. However, I believe your best bet is if you have TEP, but I have heard of folks getting their TP's swapped just for showing up...so YMMV. I have TEP.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2