PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:31 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

jdr00ejr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to jdr00ejr
Activesync / Exchange - Issue - Have to reset settings frequently...

Hello All,

I'm looking for some gurus to offer some suggestions.

HTC Touch Pro 2 - Mighty Rom 6.5

I work for a company that has well over 1,000 phones syncing to our Exchange Server. While I'm in IT, I'm a Supervisor of a Developer Team and not nothing about the Exchange Server.

My current Activesync settings are to sync 1 week of email, 50k, no attachments. I have probably 300+ Contacts, 100+ Tasks, and multiple recurring Calendar Events. I'm set to sync as Items Arrive both on peak and off peak.

My phone will sync all day long and then I plug it into the wall and go to bed. When I wake up in the morning, Activesync has stopped sometime in the middle of the night and displays an error saying I no longer have enough program memory. A reboot of the phone will bring the program memory back in check but when I attempt to sync Activesync will flash "Downloading" repeatidly and never connect. The only option is to delete the Exchange Server Settings and add it back. Wash, Rinse, Repeat... Phone works all day, stops next night.

Additional Background that may or may not be benificial....

I was happily running the stock WM6.1 that came on my TP2 when the problem first started. I had installed nothing new and nothing changed that I'm aware of. After trying multiple things, several hard resets, I upgraded to the stock WM6.5 on my TP2 still experiencing the same issues. Verizon replaced my phone with a factory refurb that came pre-installed with the stock WM6.5 - same issue.

I upgraded to Mighty Rom, same issue. I've taken my settings from 2 Weeks, Entire Message, 500k of attachments (on storage card). These settings were working fine for a couple months before the problem started.

Now I'm down to 1 week, 50k, no attachments - same issue. Also, last night I had 21 messages on my phone before the lock-up (I had pruned my inbox purposely to rule that out).

My Exchange Admin has been running a WM6.5 Emulator on his computer syncing my account and it hasn't missed a beat in the last week it's been running but my phone does.

Also, I ESN swapped my phone to a HTC Imagio which went 3 days with no issue and then started doing the same thing so I went back to my TP2.

If you gurus have any advice on what might be wrong, please enlighten me!

Thank you.

~~~~~~~~~
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not on thine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths." ~Proverbs 3:5-6
Old 05-19-2010, 11:50 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Activesync / Exchange - Issue - Have to reset settings frequently...

Hmm... can you check on the Exchange server how large the original attachments are for the messages being downloaded? I'm not sure if that would make a difference because you have it set to download 50k, but its possible that it's saying you're out of memory since the original messages are too large
Old 05-19-2010, 11:53 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

jdr00ejr is a n00b
Send a message via Yahoo to jdr00ejr

I currently am not even synchronizing attachments - just 50k of the "message" and at the time it locked up last night, I had not new email coming in over 80k or so...

Any other ideas?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Oh my bad, didn't notice it was just messages. That's definitely strange!

I can't recall if there's an option on Activesync on the device, but see if you can enable "Download headers only" and see if the problem continues. If it does, then it's most likely an issue with the Exchange server.

Do you know if your server pushes sync settings to the devices? Because maybe it's forcing the device to download other data even though you say otherwise

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
activesync, exchange, issue, program memory