PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-19-2010, 11:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Blackberry
Carrier: Verizon

tjienan is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(ask)Touch Pro 2 CDMA Dual NAM

Does TP2 CDMA support Dual NAM as TP1 ?
Anyone knows ?
Old 05-19-2010, 11:42 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: (ask)Touch Pro 2 CDMA Dual NAM

no.. carriers usually chose to or not to.. you used to able able to do it on Nextel.. your wanting 2 numbers on the same phone i suppose?? check out google voice
Old 05-19-2010, 11:49 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjienan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
no.. carriers usually chose to or not to.. you used to able able to do it on Nextel.. your wanting 2 numbers on the same phone i suppose?? check out google voice
Yes I want 2 numbers in the phone, mostly verizon phone have this capability, TP1 also support this. So does TP2 also has the same capability ?
I don't even know what is google voice.....
Old 05-19-2010, 11:55 AM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well sprint doesnt support it i know that.. its usally not that the device wont, its more the carrier doesnt so the things you do to accomplish it are borderline illegal..

google voice allows you to set up a number, and assign it to upto 3 other devices... so people can call your TP2 on either the GV number or your VZW number.. you can also place calls,sms this way too.... you can technically accomplish zero minutes out and zero minutes in as far as your carrier is concerned using GV..

check it out and if you like it, i have an invite i can send you.. just PM me your email add if you like it and ill get ya invited

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-19-2010, 11:56 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Get a google voice number and forward that to your cellphone number. problem solved.
bored. where is that album art from?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:02 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by psycho_maniac View Post
Get a google voice number and forward that to your cellphone number. problem solved.
bored. where is that album art from?
Mindless Self Indulgence album Frankenstein Girls Will Seem Strangely Sexy
Old 05-19-2010, 12:07 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjienan is a n00b

Quote:
well sprint doesnt support it i know that.. its usally not that the device wont, its more the carrier doesnt so the things you do to accomplish it are borderline illegal..

google voice allows you to set up a number, and assign it to upto 3 other devices... so people can call your TP2 on either the GV number or your VZW number.. you can also place calls,sms this way too.... you can technically accomplish zero minutes out and zero minutes in as far as your carrier is concerned using GV..

check it out and if you like it, i have an invite i can send you.. just PM me your email add if you like it and ill get ya invited

http://www.google.com/googlevoice/about.html
The main problem is I already have two carriers numbers, the google voice might not be a solution for me. So this TP2 actually support the DUAL NAM or not ?
Old 05-19-2010, 12:09 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjienan View Post
The main problem is I already have two carriers numbers, the google voice might not be a solution for me. So this TP2 actually support the DUAL NAM or not ?
It might, but vzw might not want you to be able to. Read up on EPST settings, there might be something in there which allows you to do it.
Old 05-19-2010, 12:11 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

if what your asking isnt something you cant call your carrier and ask to do... so your carrier doesnt support it..

if you have 2 seperate lines on VZW and you want both numbers to call on ONE device... its not gonna happen.. not without "clever programming" and any and every devices supports that.. but you cant ask for help, not on this site..
Old 05-19-2010, 12:37 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tjienan is a n00b

Quote:
if what your asking isnt something you cant call your carrier and ask to do... so your carrier doesnt support it..

if you have 2 seperate lines on VZW and you want both numbers to call on ONE device... its not gonna happen.. not without "clever programming" and any and every devices supports that.. but you cant ask for help, not on this site..
Yes it might need service programming but it will never work if the phone does not support the DUAL NAM capability, just like most Sprint phone.....
One thing I might not have tell, I am not in United States. But our carrier here allow us to have two numbers in one device.
And I am very sure that it is impossible to have two active line altogether. I just need both number but of course they are stand alone for each call, 1 number can not be use while I am using the other one. All I want to know is does the phone has this capability ?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2