PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 04:46 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

wolverine07 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Make BG4ALL2.5 completely transparent

Does anyone know how to make the background on all the HTC Sence pages truly transparent so that you can clearly see the image in the background? I have installed BG4All2.5 on my TP2 which works great, but there is still a 5-10% mask on all the Sence2.5 screens. Is there anyway to remove this?
Old 05-18-2010, 05:17 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Fascinate
Carrier: VZW

Daemonax is becoming a great contributor
Re: Make BG4ALL2.5 completely transparent

Short answer is yes, lot's of us do, thanks to the modders here.

Look at the Themes sub-forum. BiGnADAD and santod would be a great place to start.

Just posted my home screen earlier if you want to see them in action.

Last edited by Daemonax; 05-18-2010 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Added another link.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:02 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wolverine07 is a n00b

Daemonax, thanks for the suggestions... But none of these pages address this particular issue. I'm sure that some cabs removes it at the same time as removing other things, but I just want to remove this background graying only, and not change anything else. Anyone else have ideas?
Old 05-18-2010, 06:07 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine07 View Post
Daemonax, thanks for the suggestions... But none of these pages address this particular issue. I'm sure that some cabs removes it at the same time as removing other things, but I just want to remove this background graying only, and not change anything else. Anyone else have ideas?
can you post a SS of what you are referring to? would make it easer to figure out what you need.

Old 05-18-2010, 09:20 PM
N00b

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Are you saying that your background on the Sense tabs is darker than it is as a picture? I believe that is by design because of the white text. There is no overlay that I know of. It actually makes the picture partially transparent to darken it.

See if HDWall can give you want you want. It gives you greater control over the background in exchange for a little more work. I use it for all of my backgrounds.

Last edited by Daemonax; 05-18-2010 at 10:31 PM.
Old 05-18-2010, 10:36 PM
N00b

While we are on the subject, I don't think this is what you are talking about, but the background for the standard MS Start Menu in 6.5 does have an overlay that darkens the background. Copying the attached files to your Windows directory will make it transparent.
Old 05-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

wolverine07 is a n00b

Okay, so I tried a few things and it looks like the reason the background on the homepage is darker than the actual image has to do with the BG4All2.5.cab. It applies an even amount of masking (or transparency as Daemonax noted) on all HTC sense pages. If I uninstall the .cab the background on the homepage returned to normal brightness/color saturation matching the original image. I also tried some of the the other cabs by Santod for background for all pages. Each one behaves slightly differently but the one that is closest to what I want is R6_Landscape 16 Links.cab, which has a bright home and email page background, but uses a mask/transparency on most other pages to make it easier to read the white text. Unfortunately none of the various .cabs I have tried seem to work as flawlessly as the original BG4All2.5.cab + 16 Ouick Links 1922_R2.cab so I have reinstalled these two once again. Anyone know how I can modify the BG4All2.5.cab or what reg edits will change the transparency settings of the HTC home page background?

Second thought. It would be awesome to remove the mask on the Windows Start menu. I tried what you suggested by I could not replace the original \Windows\StartMenu_Background_Screen_800x480.png file with Total Commander since it is marked as read only. Am I missing something?
Old 05-19-2010, 10:30 PM
N00b

Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50369; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

I just copy them into the Windows folder and they take the place the ones in the ROM. You can change the read only tag by choosing properties in the context menu, although it shouldn't be necessary.

I don't use BG4All, but the Sense tabs are controlled by the Manila files in the Windows root. They have to be edited to customize. There are tutorials on how to do this in the themes sub-forum, courtesy of BiGnAdAd.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2