PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2010, 12:44 PM
VIP MVP
Pocket PC: TP Dos/OG Epic/Touch
Carrier: Sprint

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MightyRom FullForce or Mobile Shell?

What do you prefer. What looks better. What uses less ram. has less issues? Whats more user friendly on a sprint htc tp2
Old 05-18-2010, 02:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: MightyRom FullForce or Mobile Shell?

There are plenty of differences with one of the main differences being cost: Free vs $30. But why not have both? Install the MR and use SPB on top of it? SPB Mobile Shell is just that, a shell. It works no matter what rom is on the device. Granted it takes some getting use to, but if you don't like it you could always remove it. Plus there is a trial period for it too, so there is no cost in the beginning. There are some roms here that have SPB cooked into the rom, and they too have the trial period and I think they use Titanium as the base. MM's roms are solid, and are great to use as a base for SPB. SPB has more customizing widgets and things you can use to make it your own. It all boils down to what you prefer. Again, you can always remove SPB and just use MM if its not your thing. I just had both of them running together and I liked it but I found myself using Sense more because I didn't want to spend the time customizing like I have in the past. Cant go wrong with either one tho.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

masetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuffmasetas knows their stuff

If i install it and dont like it is it easy to uninstall? Will all the .cabs i currently have still work properly. and how long is the trial period for.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

MightyROM Full Force all the way and never looking back.

Old 05-18-2010, 02:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 3D

aj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaj48198 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by masetas View Post
If i install it and dont like it is it easy to uninstall? Will all the .cabs i currently have still work properly. and how long is the trial period for.
It is easy to uninstall, you can take it off the same way as any other installed program. All of your cabs that you have on your phone should still work properly, you just have to put them on your SPB home screen again like you've done for the quicklinks. I think SPB gives you 14 days to test it out, Im not really sure. Check out the link here
Old 05-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:

14 day trial period. Everything is uninstallable and as well it should work with everything you currently have.

Exactly what that guy said. I prefer to use Bare Naked ROM with SPB Mobile shell because I can install only what I want to install and leave all the extra stuff I don't use out.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:00 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I like to switch it up, so I have both. BTW, I personally prefer Impact (MM previous 6.5.X/Sense 2.5 ROM) to Full Force. I have had fewer issues with Impact and it seems to run smoother overall for a longer period of time. Just my 2 cents, I think its worth checking out.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Do i have to install it to my phones memory or can i install it to the storage card?
Old 05-18-2010, 03:03 PM
VIP MVP
Threadstarter

Will it slow down my phone or should it work as if i was only running MM FF.
Old 05-18-2010, 03:12 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Do i have to install it to my phones memory or can i install it to the storage card?
I would strongly recommend installing it to the phone and not the memory card. being installed on the phone it will run a lot smoother, installing it to the memory card will be miserable.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Tags
mobile shell, tp2