PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JaedenRuiner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
TP2 Wm 6.5 Taskbar / Quick Task Menu

Well,
I tried my due diligence in attempting to search for something that would suffice but I can't seem to find any here (or perhaps i'm searching for the wrong thing, and for *some* reason, a lot of the posts in the HTC Touch Pro 2 forum are not dutifully labeled:
This is for a HTC Touch Pro 2 with 6.1
or
This is for a HTC Touch Pro 2 with 6.5

The screen shots for a lot of the posts look like my Wm6.1 screen, not the Wm6.5 screen, so I don't want to install an older version.

Basically I'd like a Task bar mod, the graphics and icon are not of real importance, but the Quick Task Menu that used to exist in the upper right corner of 6.1 is gone on my TP2 6.5 device. I want it back! Is there any simple, straightforward mod that does this? Is it a registry tweak I can make myself, or is it something I have to install?

Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
Old 05-14-2010, 03:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

zachin2036 is becoming a great contributor
Re: TP2 Wm 6.5 Taskbar / Quick Task Menu

there's a cab floating around that you can install...I personally bound the 6.5 Task Manager to the Hook button under the settings and I think I like that more than the 6.1 task manager in the corner. I just don't get to see the memory usage %
Old 05-14-2010, 03:18 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaedenRuiner View Post
Well,
I tried my due diligence in attempting to search for something that would suffice but I can't seem to find any here (or perhaps i'm searching for the wrong thing, and for *some* reason, a lot of the posts in the HTC Touch Pro 2 forum are not dutifully labeled:
This is for a HTC Touch Pro 2 with 6.1
or
This is for a HTC Touch Pro 2 with 6.5

The screen shots for a lot of the posts look like my Wm6.1 screen, not the Wm6.5 screen, so I don't want to install an older version.

Basically I'd like a Task bar mod, the graphics and icon are not of real importance, but the Quick Task Menu that used to exist in the upper right corner of 6.1 is gone on my TP2 6.5 device. I want it back! Is there any simple, straightforward mod that does this? Is it a registry tweak I can make myself, or is it something I have to install?

Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
If you are running 6.5 stock, this will add the Taskmanager so you can close the app with the X Button. just remember to go into your settings and set it to close not min. the app.
Attached Files
File Type: cab jd_TaskManager_2_1_19213732_17.cab (942.5 KB, 148 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

here is what you are looking for. it adds the task manager back on the home screen.

1) install the app
2) go to settings\system\task manager
3) go to button tab and select "Enable Quick Menu on Today Screen"
4) enjoy!

dont forget to hit thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen001.jpg (360.2 KB, 201 views) Click for barcode!
Attached Files
File Type: cab HTC_Taskmanager.cab (254.2 KB, 186 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 02-05-2011, 08:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia
Carrier: Verizon

PapaTeve is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post
here is what you are looking for. it adds the task manager back on the home screen.

1) install the app
4) enjoy!

Perfect! I was looking for this too, missed it from 6.1. But I had to do a soft reset before it would show on my Verizon TP2.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 06-26-2012, 03:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Airtel Sri Lanka

Nadsa is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by puff601 View Post

1) install the app
4) enjoy!

Thanks...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2