PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 06:03 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JaedenRuiner is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Recommendations, tweaks, manual listings..

Okay,

I originally had a Touch Pro (Sprint), with WM6.1 on it. Recently a minor accident killed the phone dead, and I was forced to make the insurance claim on it, which prompted them to upgrade me to a touch pro 2. This is fine for me, since I actually wanted to upgrade anyway, given that the TP was the first run at the device, and the TP2 "appeared" to have cleaned up some of the issues. But I'm getting a tad frustrated with the thing, since I learned enough to set up my TP the way I wanted it, but now with the TP2 I can't seem to find what I want, So i'm here looking for recommendations as well as locations, and frankly, not to impugn the wonderful tweakers and modders out there, I like to make my changes manually (via the registry, and stuff) not with a cab file that installs 3 things I want and 27 I don't.

First: WM6.5
Should I find and Install the upgrade for a Sprint HTC TP2? I believe it came shipped with WM6.1 but I can't seem to find out where that is listed. So that would actually be first: what version am I on, and second, should I (can I) upgrade to 6.5?

Second: Speed
The processing seems AWEFULLY slow. It boots, its up, and i tap on an icon and it sits there like a confused cat, not sure what its supposed to do. Why? This is supposed to be better hardware than the TP but it seems to run painfully slow.

Third: Power
When i let it sit for a while it shuts off on its own, which is fine in battery mode, but when connected to a power supply, i'd rather it didn't. Additionally, when it's powered down like that, I press the power button on the top and nothing happens. I usually have to plug it into my computer to get the the active sync to wake up the phone. Or maybe i have to REALLY hold the power button down hard. I just want to press it without the need for vice grips and have the phone come back on.

Fourth: Tweaks
There were touch screen tweaks, pressure settings, etc for the TP that I think i'd like to have set up again, but I can't find them. As well:
Windows Boot Up Screen -> I'd like to change it
Start Menu -> Is currently a whole slew of icons. If I could I'd like it to be a "details" view, or simple menu listing.
On Boot up I want it to go to the home screen, not the Start menu.
The Windows Logo Button on the front face should go to home screen, not start menu.
GSensor -> Do I need to use Gyrator 2 or can I tweak it so that the screen ALWAYS rotates to the phone angle (landscape/portrait) no matter what screen is visible.

Many other little tweaks like this would be very helpful, but all i keep finding is the CAB installs with all these other tweaks i'm not looking for. Some pointers in the right direction would be helpful
Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
Old 05-13-2010, 06:42 PM
Serving the Metro DC Area
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt,9530 (Blackberry)
Carrier: Verizon, Sprint

Adrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPAdrianh85 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to Adrianh85 Send a message via Skype™ to Adrianh85
Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.1-update1; en-us; ADR6300 Build/ERE27) AppleWebKit/530.17 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/530.17)

The only hardware in the tp2 that's better performance wise is the screen size (same resolution) the hardware keyboard, and the battery! Other then that its The same phone with less over heating!

Old 05-13-2010, 06:44 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Recommendations, tweaks, manual listings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaedenRuiner View Post
Okay,

I originally had a Touch Pro (Sprint), with WM6.1 on it. Recently a minor accident killed the phone dead, and I was forced to make the insurance claim on it, which prompted them to upgrade me to a touch pro 2. This is fine for me, since I actually wanted to upgrade anyway, given that the TP was the first run at the device, and the TP2 "appeared" to have cleaned up some of the issues. But I'm getting a tad frustrated with the thing, since I learned enough to set up my TP the way I wanted it, but now with the TP2 I can't seem to find what I want, So i'm here looking for recommendations as well as locations, and frankly, not to impugn the wonderful tweakers and modders out there, I like to make my changes manually (via the registry, and stuff) not with a cab file that installs 3 things I want and 27 I don't.

First: WM6.5
Should I find and Install the upgrade for a Sprint HTC TP2? I believe it came shipped with WM6.1 but I can't seem to find out where that is listed. So that would actually be first: what version am I on, and second, should I (can I) upgrade to 6.5?

Second: Speed
The processing seems AWEFULLY slow. It boots, its up, and i tap on an icon and it sits there like a confused cat, not sure what its supposed to do. Why? This is supposed to be better hardware than the TP but it seems to run painfully slow.

Third: Power
When i let it sit for a while it shuts off on its own, which is fine in battery mode, but when connected to a power supply, i'd rather it didn't. Additionally, when it's powered down like that, I press the power button on the top and nothing happens. I usually have to plug it into my computer to get the the active sync to wake up the phone. Or maybe i have to REALLY hold the power button down hard. I just want to press it without the need for vice grips and have the phone come back on.

Fourth: Tweaks
There were touch screen tweaks, pressure settings, etc for the TP that I think i'd like to have set up again, but I can't find them. As well:
Start Menu -> Is currently a whole slew of icons. If I could I'd like it to be a "details" view, or simple menu listing.
On Boot up I want it to go to the home screen, not the Start menu.
The Windows Logo Button on the front face should go to home screen, not start menu.
GSensor -> Do I need to use Gyrator 2 or can I tweak it so that the screen ALWAYS rotates to the phone angle (landscape/portrait) no matter what screen is visible.

Many other little tweaks like this would be very helpful, but all i keep finding is the CAB installs with all these other tweaks i'm not looking for. Some pointers in the right direction would be helpful
Thanks
Jaeden "Sifo Dyas" al'Raec Ruiner
First
You can upgrade to 6.5 the link below, also don't forget to check out all the Incredibly cooked version's it out there in the CDMA upgrade section in all kinds of flavors.

Link to official upgrade

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...15&postcount=1

Link to Cooked ROM's
(Don't forget if you are going to use a Cooked ROM to use the Hard SPL unlocker)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=98

Second
Window's Mobile never comes truly optimized from the factory, thats why there are wonderful forums like this to make are technology even better and faster.

Third
Most of that you can fix in your power settings, I think the power button on the TP2 is not very sensitive and you have to put a little force into it.

Forth
Well to much to say but start spending some time reading in this section and if you search and put a some time in, reading around here there isn't much you can't find the answer for.

Hope this helps with you starting out.

Old 05-13-2010, 06:50 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

1.) when you turn it on, during boot up, it will say qinmo 6.1 or 6.5
2.) there are lots of things that could be happening here. is it completely stock, or have you added any .cabs? something that were for the tp1 dont play well with the tp2 because of different manila versions and whathaveyous.
3.) start>settings>system>power>backlight. change your external power settings there.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:45 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

First, welcome to the TP2!!!

Boot up screen image is "welcomhead.192.png". Just name your desired image to that and use Total Commander to place in your "\Windows" directory.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:56 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
First, welcome to the TP2!!!

Boot up screen image is "welcomhead.192.png". Just name your desired image to that and use Total Commander to place in your "\Windows" directory.
Wrong thread?
Old 05-13-2010, 08:10 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley762 View Post
Wrong thread?

I dont think so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaedenRuiner View Post
Okay,

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-13-2010, 08:46 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kliptik View Post
I dont think so...
reread lol your right.

Last edited by Wesley762; 05-14-2010 at 02:40 PM.
Old 05-14-2010, 02:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Threadstarter

JaedenRuiner is a n00b

Wowzers, and holy bejeezus to the 47th power.

I was only away for a few hours. I will note, that as with some (maybe more) when I post questions and other curiosities, it does not stop me from playing myself. I have since discovered through the more convoluted menu system than I'm used to, that this is indeed WM6.5 Which is cool, because after toying with it, I realized some of my impatience was due to the boot up. I am a programmer and I don't like waiting.

Once up and running, it is much faster than the TP was, and not sure who mentioned it, but yea, it doesn't get so hot either. So in the meantime, i installed from my SD card where all my software was:
Advanced Config
PHM RegEdit
Total Commander

and started tweaking (a little from memory) a little from the "Advised" settings from the Adv Conf.
However, I will mention, one of the reasons i've asked for "links" to certain things, is because for some reason ppcgeeks.com is excruciatingly slow on my system, especially when trying to scroll through the forum posts, so as opposed to a minute or less on a page to determine if it is something i'm looking for, it can take upwards of 3 minutes and multiple scrolls just to get past the first 2 posts. (not sure why this is, but eh, computers right).

I do have more questions, and other curiosities, but the are best suited to other posts, so I thank you all for the helpful tips and pointers, as they definitely will help with my continuing manipulation of my new device.
Thanks,
J"SD"a'RR

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2