PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2010, 08:26 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

eminemobied12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint TP2 E-Mail/Txt New Message Norification Pop-up

Hello and sorry for the stupid heading but I don't know what to write. Basically I just upgraded from 6.1 to 6.5 and used the cleanup and tweaks cab files which works perfectly fine (other than the sms sent notification being disabled but i reenabled it). My problem is I don't know how to enable the pop up notification that comes up when you receive a new text/email/mms message where it takes over the screen and makes you dismiss the new message (I'm explaining it wrong but I know people understand me. I can't seem to find the setting in the Sounds and Notifications settings tab at all like in 6.1. Can someone tell me how to regedit it or am I doing something wrong, is this how 6.5 is? Was it the cleanup cab? How do I enable it. Someone help please, thanks in advance.
Old 05-13-2010, 10:36 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Sprint TP2 E-Mail/Txt New Message Norification Pop-up

settings, all settings, sounds and notif, notification, goto drop down to text message, check 'display on screen'
Old 05-13-2010, 11:04 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Threadstarter

eminemobied12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

wow i feel stupid... just never realized there was an all settings option as this UI is different than TouchFlo... thanks! Now anyone know how to get the taskmanager back into the top right corner of the screen so i can easily end or open programs?
Old 05-13-2010, 11:13 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

you can disable the settings thing.. so that hitting the settings link from start menu takes you were all settings does from the tab.. and theres several task managers available.. dotfred, arkswitch, and im pretty sure they have the old 6.1 type working in 6.5 too... you have to look for them though..

heres the setting reg entry to change it... and i dont have the 6.1 task manager your looking for, but someone may chime in with it, but search will get ya there too

- Stop Settings from going to Settings Tab -
1. With Total Commander remove settings.lnk from Windows\Start Menu\Programs\
2. Go to :HKLM\Security\Shell\StartInfo\HideSettings
3. Change the default value from 1 to 0
4. Softreset

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2