PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-12-2010, 07:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

shadowhawk2021 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple of Insurance related questions...

I was recently upgraded from a TP1 to a TP2 by my local Sprint repair store, it was a great experence and a easy transaction. I noticed a week later that my GPS did not work, I tried the CAB fix that was posted on here as well as a couple of other tricks.

Because of finals at school for my wife and I, I never got to the Sprint store to see if they could fix/exchange it. I was planning on going back to the sprint store today to have the phone exchanged but this morning when I got into my car I put my phone in the center console. Unfortunatly my 3 year old had spilled some of her juice in my center console as well without my knowledge. There was just enough juice to get the sensor wet (of course it sat sensor side down ) The water sensor is not completly red, but it is definatly not as good as stock.

Should I even bother taking the phone to the sprint store, or should I just contact asurion? If I contact asurion it will be $100 correct? Also, I was hoping to have the phone in time for Camping this Sat. Is there a chance of doing that if I have to wait for them to mail it?

Thoughts?

Shadow
Old 05-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO3D
Carrier: Sprint 4g Dallas

dallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardallas contractor is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Couple of Insurance related questions...

If sensor is not totally red try store, maybe save $100.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:51 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

i would say try store see what they say. dont mention the sticker or what happened. If they notice the sticker is red then they will tell you to call asurion.
Old 05-12-2010, 10:57 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Galaxy Nexus
Carrier: Verizon

imnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIPimnuts is a VIP

Are all of the water stickers red? There are 2-3 of them on the phone, and if only one of them is bad, they may still replace it for you, especially if its no the one inside the phone.
Old 05-12-2010, 12:01 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Evo 4G

TheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on repTheBundo is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Or just see if you can get the GPS going. You ran QuickGPS, right?
Old 05-12-2010, 01:35 PM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

QuickGPS isnt included on stock ROM. im sure the store can get your GPS working without having to swap it out.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-12-2010, 02:31 PM
Mr. Chevy
Pocket PC: Kaiser, XV6800, Ozone, & TP2
Carrier: Linearly polarized plane waves in LTE modulation

drewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPdrewcam888 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by nxtech3 View Post
QuickGPS isnt included on stock ROM. im sure the store can get your GPS working without having to swap it out.
quickgps is included with the stock rom
Old 05-12-2010, 09:30 PM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by imnuts View Post
Are all of the water stickers red? There are 2-3 of them on the phone, and if only one of them is bad, they may still replace it for you, especially if its no the one inside the phone.
they MAY replace it but thats unlikely. Once they see the first sticker is red they give the phone back to you and act like its infested with a virus. There is a whole tread about the red sticker and a lot of ppl said what I said.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:18 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Nexus S - E3GT - Epic 3G
Carrier: SERO $30

quick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on repquick99si is halfway to VIP status based on rep

It will also get marked as unrepairable, so if/when you have problems with the screen, they won't even look at you. And rightfully so.
Old 05-13-2010, 02:32 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

dont worry about shipping if you use asurion, its next day if you call early in the AM

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2