PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 11:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6700
Carrier: sprint

Ivanstein is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't get WMDC and phone to connect.

I am stumped. I have tried all sorts of solutions on the internet, and searched high and low.

Basically, I get the drivers to install on the pc and can see the phone in the devices page. However, I can't get WMDC to see it. WHen I reinstall WMDC as directed by Microsoft, it says the device is unplugged. Funny, the computer sees it is though.

My PC is running Win 7 Home Premium and my TP2 is running the Sprint 6.5 rom. That was the only time I connected it, and it worked fine. Now I am getting sick of the declining performance and want to unlock and flash my own rom of choice, but can't unlock due to the above issue. I would really appreciate any assistance.
Old 05-11-2010, 05:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TP2
Carrier: Verizon via NRG

spambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good workspambusterdave is keeping up the good work
Re: Can't get WMDC and phone to connect.

What are your "USB to PC" connection settings? Should be located under "Start" -> "Settings" -> "Connections" -> "USB to PC".

Is the TP2 listed in the Device Manager under portable Devices?

Does the Device Manager on the PC show any unknown drivers?
Old 05-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: sprint 6700
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

Ivanstein is a n00b
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

I tried all the different settings on the USB to PC configuration Page. I also tried different cables, ports and such. No drivers flagged as unknown. However there was no specific driver for the phone, just the windows remote device driver.

Is it possible something on my phone could cause this? I do install a bunch of cabs, but not all at once, so I can track their performance. I am not terribly savvy with these, but I would think it would take more than a bad cab installed to mess that up. I hope I am wrong, then it will be easy.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:36 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel
Re: Can't get WMDC and phone to connect.

If you are connecting so that you can unlock and reflash, I would just start with a hard reset first and see if that does the trick.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2