PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 09:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible/Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

BetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good workBetaMan is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Gone to the Incredible

Well buys, after using Windows Mobile since the days of the XV6600, I have finally grown up and moved on the a much better platform, Andriod. I have grown weary of the slowness of Windows Mobile and the antiquated OS and decided to move on, which is hard for me to do since I have invested a ton of money on WindowsMobile applications but the Driod Icredible lives up to it's name. I have had it just over a week and it truely lives up to it's name. Still waiting for Slingbox, which will be out this summer, but I've been able to download much the same apps I used on WindowsMobile for the Droid and most of them were FREE from the Market (App Store).

I do miss the hardware keyboard some and the tilting screen, but the phone is AWESOME!

I see a lot of familiar names in the Incredible forum too, made up of former TP2 users, so I'm not alone in the switch.

Hope to see you guys over there soon!

By-the-way, Wideawake, the website owner, has an Incredible also.

Verizon Droid Incredible => Touch Pro 2 => XV6800 => XV6700 => XV6600
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 10:31 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Gone to the Incredible

Don't let the door hit you on the way out, lol just kidding and Good luck with Android. I have been thinking about getting a moment just not completely ready to make the jump yet. baby steps I guess for me.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:40 AM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

Something better then iphat like operation will have to come along before i make the switch to any other os... no fun in popping on widgets

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

I have been visiting the Incredible forum often lately as I plan to make the switch when I have the necessary funds. I noticed you posted in the thread I started about using a the phone a s a wifi hotspot, then I came back over here and you posted here about making the switch haha.

Like you said, a lot are making the switch. I will give it some time, then make my inevitable switch to Android. WinMo just doesn't do it for me anymore, plain and simple.

Keep us updated after you get used to the device. I'd like to hear a longer term testimonial (around a month of use), to see how things are going

Don't click me
Old 05-09-2010, 11:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Geez, how many of these "I bought a new phone, screw WM" do we have to see here daily??

I may buy an Incredible myself if it ever decides to support SlingMobile & Sirius, video out to my TV etc etc etc. By then there will be 10 of these posts a day..........

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:25 AM
GTX Team Member
Pocket PC: Epic! (Evo and TP2 on standby)
Carrier: Sprint

Scientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIPScientific is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Too bad the incredible is on Verizon or I'd make the switch....starting the countdown to the evo, whenever the release date is....I'll be jumping ship!
Old 05-09-2010, 01:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

robrecht is a n00b

I played with an Incredible the other day. It's a nice, snappy device with a great screen, but I don't think I'd give up a hard thumbboard without getting a big 4.3" screen like on the HD2 or EVO, and I wouldn't get one of those until it's available on Verizon.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:16 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Geez, how many of these "I bought a new phone, screw WM" do we have to see here daily??

I may buy an Incredible myself if it ever decides to support SlingMobile & Sirius, video out to my TV etc etc etc. By then there will be 10 of these posts a day..........

~John
+ but widewake has one. lol
he also has a ton other phones but im not getting 60 more phones cause he has them.
btw, i ate at taco bell friday night.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 01:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible / Touch Pro 2

NCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuffNCX Designs knows their stuff

I have both the Touch Pro 2 and Droid Incredible
and while i use both, the Droid is just so much faster, i can barely stand the speed of the TP2 now...

plus all the apps you can get from marketplace, is Incredible :P

alot of very useful apps and camera is being put to good use too

Sirius is coming this month to Android
Sling Player is in private beta
TVout cables are coming this summer
and there's tons of leaks of HULU as an app is coming to Android

If you like my work and want to donate, click here
Want to see my themes? Click here
If I helped you in any way, please click the "THANKS" button.
Old 05-09-2010, 03:02 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCX Designs View Post

Sirius is coming this month to Android
Sling Player is in private beta
TVout cables are coming this summer
So by the end of the Summer, this will be a whole lot more attarctive than it is now (of course by then there will be 10 newer phones available & the Incredible will be old news)

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2