PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 04:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Which FM transmitter r u using? Prank story inside

I as many here been using the speakers in the car via AUX input for over a year now for calls/music/podcast/whatever is on my TP2. Started with TP(1)with the help of HTC adapter that was included in the package with TP, with T2 is even easier - only a cable from radioshack(4bucks). Recently i switched to using the radio connection- just buy those radio transmitters that are pretty cheap now, i got mine on sale at Rite-Aid for less than 5 bucks. Just tune to a frequency(just preset to one of favorites) when call is coming in, if you need to make one or just want to listen to your favorite podcast thats stored on TP2. Works perfect and TP2 can be anywhere even on the backseat since there are no cables and my transmiiter is about the size of wooden matches box(small). Which FM transmitter do you use, how much was it and where did you get it from? I love mine but unfortunatly few days ago i dropped it and its cracked now. Need a recommendation, is there one that doesnt use the battery and feeds from TP2 somehow, as well as small?

The rest is the promised prank story(sorry about long post). My friend has pranked me few years ago and ever since then i was trying to get him back. He is also obsessed with playing the lottery. Always playes the same exact numbers every week. His wife is mad at him for this money squandering but he does it anyways yet always eagerly denies that he is addicted to gambling. "I promise to stop when those numbers win" he always said. On april fools day the guy was throwing the party at his house and i knew that he bought the ticket for lotto scheduled to play the same day(few days prior while we were at the store). At the table i started the conversation about him being addicted to the lottery. As expected he got all worked up about denying his gambling "hobby". At that time everyone was involved and i suggested that if he wasnt really addicted to prove it by burning the lotto ticket for todays drawing. Without hesitation he took it out of his jacket and burned it in front of everyone in the ashtray with the smirk of an argument winner. About hour into the party we all were talking about music and i said that i love this new song thats always on the radio now and i cant remember the name of. So i walked over and turned his home stereo on. Of course the song i liked wasnt playing at the moment so i just left the radio playing. In few minutes radio said it was going to announce tonights winning lotto numbers. Then the amazing thing happened - the lotto numbers that were announced were the numbers that my friend always played. Next few minutes were absolutely priceless. First he jumped up with the open mouth and started screaming and dancing(well the tribal joy jumping). Few seconds later the reality kicked in, he looked at the ashtray and made an inhuman sound that was a cross between a whale song and step on the cats tail sound. He turned white and looked like he was having heart attack. He looked at me with the look that said "i am going to kill you". "Dude i am sorry but i how was i suppose to know? Do you really think i did it on purpose and what -i am a psychic? If i was a psychic and could predict things i would say that the next song on radio would be Jacksons-Bad" i said. Low and behold the radio starts playing "bad" by Jackson. At this point the guy thinks he is going out of his mind and it got extremely quiet at the table. A 30 seconds must have passed in complete silence before he turns to me and says - do it again. I again said it was coincidence and this is stuped. "Do it again" he barks at me. So i say beatles - yesterday. Guess what? TO shorten the story i did it about 5 times in a row correctly guessing each one. Someone even went up to a stereo to check if it was the radio that was plaing and not a tape/cd. At this point the guy was sitting on the chair-white as a ghost. Finally as you most likely have guessed by now - the radio said "Happy fools day and i finally got you dude" in my voice. Once everyone has stopped laughing histerically(including my friend) the question was - how? Simple - day before i prerecorded the mp3 file with a bunch of songs/commercials as well as "winning" lotto numbers, saved it on my TP2 and when i went to turn the radio on - switched on my TP2 with FM transmitter and set the stereo on the correct frequency. He admitted that i got him good and i even have a copy of the video tape that his wife(that was in on it) has made with the hidden camcorder of the whole thing(including his tribal dance). He's been planning his revenge prank on me ever since

When you can tether for free?: D
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:29 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Which FM transmitter r u using? Prank story inside

i gave up on fm transmittors due to san antonio not having any available fm stations to really use. all got interference when using with my sirius radio.

Old 05-10-2010, 05:48 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Galaxy S4 and Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint(03/09-Now), T-Mobile(06/06-now)
Threadstarter

pesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuffpesok knows their stuff

Yesterday i got a new one - Jupiter Jack out of all places in TJ-Maxx for 7.99. Its small and comes with 6 adapters so can fit pretty much any phone. Unfortunatly the on on the device itself is the 2.5mm headphone so i have to use included adapter for 3.5mm one and it makes it about 150% bigger. Have yet to test it but it comes with 2 frequencies and at least one of them is available in my area(Boston) since my old one had the same.
Old 05-10-2010, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: apache->samsung saga->omnia->TOUCH PRO2!!!!!!!
Carrier: Verizon

DJx79x is keeping up the good workDJx79x is keeping up the good work

i got an iTrip off ebay for like $20 it works perfectly as long as the phone volume isnt at 100%

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2