PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 09:59 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: SGS III
Carrier: Sprint

fishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the communityfishingmedic is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Need T-Mobile MMS Cab and MMS Settings for Sprint Touch Pro 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
so wait, your putting a Sprint Touch Pro2 on T-mobile???? and how are you doing this, putting a CDMA device on a GSM carrier?? just wndering cuz your obviously not a Hacker, or the whole ROM thing would be pretty simple to you too.......
Basically he bought an unlocked Sprint TP2 and wants to use his TMobile SIM card but hasn't read enough about how to do it and just keeps asking questions hoping someone can explain it to him.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-10-2010, 10:33 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
so wait, your putting a Sprint Touch Pro2 on T-mobile???? and how are you doing this, putting a CDMA device on a GSM carrier?? just wndering cuz your obviously not a Hacker, or the whole ROM thing would be pretty simple to you too.......
its a CDMA/GSM hybrid.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-10-2010, 03:42 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

well the sprint TP2 comes SIM unlocked.. but in the begining when we were trying to figure it all out, wasnt it said that it has to be an international SIM still... you cant just buy an unactivated sprint TP2, pop in a US Tmo SIM card and be on your way.... Can we?? i guess ive never really gone through those forums once all the unlockers were done because i dont travel internationally, nor did i think i needed it..
Old 05-19-2010, 11:59 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch

Jays4Life is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davano View Post
I need the T-Mobile MMS cab file and the MMS settings for the cab file that I can use with the Sprint Touch Pro 2 phone i have. Also I dont know what rom I have so I need one that can work with a rom without preference. Help someone..

Were you able to find anything bud?

I just unlocked mine today, and have the phone up and running for T-MO, but DATA and MMS are not to be had.

I've been searching EVERYWHERE all day to no avail, help?
Old 05-20-2010, 12:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Holyrolla is just getting started

Don't know about a CAB, but the settings for T-Mobile data can be manually input. Here's the link for the settings.

http://support.t-mobile.com/doc/tm21...NV-tPdlvVlSDs?

If you're running a ROM with Manila, go to the Settings tab, Wireless Controls, Menu button, and Connections.

Go to Advanced, Select Network, and then press the New button.

Type in a name and press the OK button. Then press the Edit button.

Hit the New button on the bottom, enter a name for the connection, and under Select a Modem, choose Cellular Line (GPRS, 3G).

Then enter in the settings. Good luck.
Old 05-20-2010, 12:33 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

Holyrolla is just getting started

Oops! MMS settings can be found by going to your text message list (not the tab...go to the tab and go to All Messages), go to the menu and choose MMS Options. Go to the GSM tab and put in these settings at this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ta#post6381805
Old 05-20-2010, 12:59 AM
Lurker

Jays4Life is a n00b

Thanks for the help, i'm going to try entering these right now

I'm using MMs newest rom. Am I still ok?
Old 05-20-2010, 01:13 AM
Lurker

Jays4Life is a n00b

So I tried to key in that information in your second post (the link in the first is dead), and it doesn't have enough slots to key in all of that information

I feel so damn n00bish it's quite sad. I've dedicated my whole day to this and i'm far from finished
Old 05-20-2010, 01:18 AM
Lurker

Jays4Life is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holyrolla View Post
Oops! MMS settings can be found by going to your text message list (not the tab...go to the tab and go to All Messages), go to the menu and choose MMS Options. Go to the GSM tab and put in these settings at this post:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...ta#post6381805

When I go to my messages tab, I press all messages, I choose Menu, but there is no MMS options. All I have are New, Delete, Reply, Reply All, Forward, Send/Receive, Follow up, Move..., Go To (which only has Text/Multimedia and Outlook E-mail), Tools, and Select Messages
Old 05-20-2010, 01:59 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
well the sprint TP2 comes SIM unlocked.. but in the begining when we were trying to figure it all out, wasnt it said that it has to be an international SIM still... you cant just buy an unactivated sprint TP2, pop in a US Tmo SIM card and be on your way.... Can we?? i guess ive never really gone through those forums once all the unlockers were done because i dont travel internationally, nor did i think i needed it..
you have to pay for the olipro/cmonex sim unlocker (20.00), then you can use a at&t or tmobile sim, but you can't get 3g data only 1x. seems like a waste to me.
isn't tmobile basically giving away phones these days?
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=93867

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2