PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2010, 03:46 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't remember, on TP2, WiFi first then data connection???

Hello all

I think I remember this is correct but I just wanted to check

If I have both Wifi and my data connection on, does the TP2 first try to use WiFi first and then if that's not available, then uses the data connection or is the other way around?

As well if it does use Wifi first, does the have to be hacked to be on 24/7 even in suspend like the way I have mine now to be used first or can it be set to the way it comes stock?

Reason I ask it that 24/7 WiFi really eats up the battery but I just don't want it to be using the data connection first in suspend if that's how it works.

In a second part to this, if it does use WiFi first, how well is the threshold for this?

In other words, sometimes I can get on bar from my ISP's provided WiFi which of course is rather slow but it still works, so if this is even at this level will it still use it over my data connection?

I would assume the decision is based on if there is just any connection at all, no matter how bad, it will still use WiFi an if it will not get what it wants it will just give up or will it then switch to the data connection and try that way?

PS am running 6.1

Thanks for any help.

Last edited by WBFAir; 05-08-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-08-2010, 11:02 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Can't remember, on TP2, WiFi first then data connection???

forreal man, what the heck are you talking about..... if your wifi is eating your battery, keep your wifi off until you need to turn it on, plain and simple.. theres plenty of toggle apps to make it just one keys press instead of going to options to get to it.. of course its killing your battery if its always searching for networks to connect to, yet you might not be around one...

if you shut your phone off with wifi on, then wifi is what comes on when you turn the device on... otherwise it will always activate your data within a few seconds of loading up
Old 05-08-2010, 01:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular
Threadstarter

WBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regularWBFAir is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

It always is a real experience asking a question on this board.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:19 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

its always an experience trying to decipher what the heck people mean there buddy..... may i suggest some lessons on how to format a complete thought,idea,or question...then maybe youll actually get replies..
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 11:24 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

Quote:
Originally Posted by WBFAir View Post

As well if it does use Wifi first, does the have to be hacked to be on 24/7 even in suspend like the way I have mine now to be used first or can it be set to the way it comes stock?
Say what??

Don't click me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2