PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 11:49 AM
cmcmps7

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Exclamation Touch pro 2 sim card on sprint?

Sooo, I like traded in my old touch pro 2 since it broke and all..And in my old one there was no SIM card, and now there is in my new one?
I'm pretty much just wondering now, if I use Rhodium_W Hard-SP will it be the same?

Old 05-07-2010, 11:56 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10
Carrier: Sprint

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: Touch pro 2 sim card on sprint?

what does the lack off a SIM have to do with anything.. of course your fine... flash away

Sprints TP2 came preloaded with a SIM.. if it didnt, it was just still in the packaging with the manuals and such since this is where the empty card which held the SIM is located..
Old 05-22-2010, 11:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Robperri is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

I just had my TP replaced with a TP2. I noticed it doesn't have a sim card installed. It wasn't included. What's the purpose of the sim card?
Old 05-22-2010, 11:43 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robperri View Post
I just had my TP replaced with a TP2. I noticed it doesn't have a sim card installed. It wasn't included. What's the purpose of the sim card?
to use sprints international roaming and get charged out the bung hole. most people when abroad, just buy a local sim card for whatever country theyre in. the tp2 is a dual band world phone. it is capable of cdma or gsm coverage.

Old 05-23-2010, 12:01 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

wildpig is keeping up the good workwildpig is keeping up the good work

Ya,I need to rip out that Sprint sim card and hack it So you can even uSe domestic GSM
Old 05-23-2010, 12:37 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildpig View Post
Ya,I need to rip out that Sprint sim card and hack it So you can even uSe domestic GSM
why would you want domestic gsm at 1x data speeds when sprint is the cheapest out there??

Old 05-23-2010, 08:07 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
why would you want domestic gsm at 1x data speeds when sprint is the cheapest out there??
sprint isn't the cheapest out there, well, not everywhere at least.

HTC's I have Full Flashed To Metro. (I define Full Flash as Phone, Text, Picture Message, Email, and youtube, GPS on some) Diamond,Touch Pro,Imagio, Touch Pro 2
I BUY SOME BROKEN PHONES TOO!! PM ME
Old 05-23-2010, 12:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2 (6.5)

explicit1696 is a n00b

If you ever lose your Sprint SIM card, the following will help.

Call Sprint Worldwide Customer Service at 888-226-7212. The cost of a new SIM card is $15.00, which they will apply to your bill. Takes 3-5 days for delivery.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2