PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2010, 09:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Any Fix for Video Choppiness in Sight?

These last few ROMs I've tried have not been able to play Videos correctly. It all started with the Sprint Latest Release ROM. With that ROM I couldn't get sound out of Videos that worked perfectly on ROMs before that. I tried other ROMs based on the Sprint ROM after that and all had the same problem. I decided to try ROMS based off of 235xx. With these ROMs the Sound is great but the video has been unbearably choppy. All test were with HTC Album, Win Media and TCPMP 2.0. The same thing happens accross the board. I appreciate the ROMs and please don't take this as a knock on the excellent work that's done on these ROMs. I'm just wondering if there is a fix and if anyone else is noticing this as well.
Old 05-07-2010, 10:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Rhodium
Carrier: Verizon

thayer is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Any Fix for Video Choppiness in Sight?

I have been using a dvd converter called cucusoft and found that the iphone version using original aspect full screen is not choppy and the sound is synced beautifully. Cucusoft isn't free but I have been using it and am satisfied. it is SLOW to convert because it uses the output of the dvd, not the code, meaning that you can convert ANY dvd regardless of the power of their incription.

I am on mighty's 6.5 with 2.1, released late february. Most solid rom I've found. Everything else I've tried gives me more issues.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:03 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

i use Sprints Stock 6.5 rom.. and i DL dvds/torrent new releases all the time... i have no issues with sound or quality...

if your liking tcpmp, i suggest going over to everydiamond and look up crazy @ss DR Spark/Tech1s old threads for better quality.. you may need an earlier version of tcpmp though ... **i just started looking into TCPMP again a few days ago actually.. people say its not as compatible with TP2 as with TP1 but ive had no issues yet, but i havent played with the millions of codecs and add-ons that Tech1/Dr Spark was so famous for making us read and read and.....read some more for... i am planning on seeing what can be done with all that info just sitting on that site though..itll be after this weekend though(daughter will be here for weekend)
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Threadstarter

wud_e is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)

To Both thanks for the responses. When they were workign I was using HTC encoder. I forgot to mention that. Those videos worked fine before Sprints 6.5 ROM. I will have to try ya'lls suggestions. I was hoping to get around re-converting them but I don't think that's going to happen. Doesn't seem like everyone is having the same problem.
Old 05-07-2010, 02:20 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Verizon

chetqwerty is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

TCPMP was always a bit buggy for me whenever i gave it another chance. I went with Coreplayer which is what TCPMP is based on. Of course it cost money but i found that playing a DIVX wrapped avi movie compressed to about 700 meg will impress all your friends! IF YOU OWN THE MOVIE you can easily download DIVX backup versions that are available all over the net so you dont even have to work to encode them. Perfectly legal to own digital backups of your movies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2