PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   I Need to Hard Reset. What will happen if I do. Help. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120378)

Davano 05-06-2010 04:16 PM

I Need to Hard Reset. What will happen if I do. Help.

I want to hard reset my phone cause i acciddntly downloaded the blasted zenzee CMYLXGO.cab that stops sms messenging. When I try to uninstall the blasted cab it wont uninstall. It says it does, but its still there when i reload. So I want to hard reset the phone. I want to know what will happen if i do.

I have an unlocked HTC Touch pro 2 sprint phone(that i got and i didnt flash or give it a rom) using Tmobile provider. Will I still be able to use my Tmobile Sim card with the phone and be able to use text and calls again without hassle if i do a hard reset or watever it is u do that can uninstall that cab file.

t0mmyr 05-06-2010 04:30 PM

Re: I Need to Hard Reset. What will happen if I do. Help.

yes, its just gonna clear all your stuff on the device (not the memory card or the sim card), so whatever rom you flashed last (or even stock) will just be reset to the same run you were last running, just backup your phonebook, messages, junk

Davano 05-06-2010 04:33 PM

ok. as long as i can call and text on my tmobile network. JW. How do you hard reset? whats the steps to hard reset.

Davano 05-06-2010 04:35 PM

Also should I takeout my sim or can I leave it in when im hard reseting. I only have contacts on their and thats all i care about

Mael-X 05-06-2010 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Davano (Post 1738421)
ok. as long as i can call and text on my tmobile network. JW. How do you hard reset? whats the steps to hard reset.

Just run "Clear Storage" from settings\System.

That will hard reset the phone. Sim card will not be affected, only device memory.
First, use a backup utility like PPCPimBackup to backup emails, call logs, contacts, etc., unless you can recover them some other way.

Good luck!

Mael-X

HTCotta 05-06-2010 05:00 PM

I don't see how an unlocked Sprint device could be used on T-Mobile...

mlin 05-06-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HTCotta (Post 1738475)
I don't see how an unlocked Sprint device could be used on T-Mobile...

If its SIM unlocked with a T-Mobile SIM card

Davano 05-06-2010 06:03 PM

Thanks all. I can text again. Now that I have hard resetted my phone all I need to do now is get MMS texting. How do i go about this.

ai6908 05-11-2010 03:00 PM

You need to configure your MMS servers to match your carrier.

rstoyguy 05-11-2010 06:39 PM

Moved to the Touch Pro 2 forums.