PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Simple screen unlocker needed (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120350)

CMeys 05-06-2010 12:47 PM

Simple screen unlocker needed

Since with the Sprint 6.5 ROM update the TP2 screen locker no longer relocks the phone after a call ends, I'm looking for a 3rd party screen locker.

I'd like something very simple (like the stock one) -- just to lock the phone when I invoke it (and to relock it after a call ends).

What do you suggest?

skhan 05-06-2010 03:41 PM

Re: Simple screen unlocker needed

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMeys (Post 1737980)
Since with the Sprint 6.5 ROM update the TP2 screen locker no longer relocks the phone after a call ends, I'm looking for a 3rd party screen locker.

I'd like something very simple (like the stock one) -- just to lock the phone when I invoke it (and to relock it after a call ends).

What do you suggest?

Try pocket shield. You can google it. If you dont purchase it, you will keep on seeing a popup, but works pretty well.

CMeys 05-06-2010 04:02 PM

Thanks. Is there anything free without a pop up?

vzihome 05-06-2010 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMeys (Post 1738355)
Thanks. Is there anything free without a pop up?

try this here

jao36 05-06-2010 04:11 PM

You can try slide 2 unlock its free.

CMeys 05-06-2010 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzihome (Post 1738377)
try this here

I tried both of those. With the first on: ENU-Chobit Company SmartLock 2.0F.CAB the unlock button obscured the answer button when a call came in and I couldn't answer the call.

The second one: Boushh Light WVGA HTC Lockscreen 1.5.cab worked just like the stock one -- it didn't relock the phone after a call ended.

Any other ideas?

CMeys 05-06-2010 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jao36 (Post 1738379)
You can try slide 2 unlock its free.

Yes, S2U is free and I've used it in the past, but I really want something much simpler and more lightweight. Don't any features other than locking the phone and relocking it after end of a call. S2U is too heavyweight for my needs.

vzihome 05-06-2010 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMeys (Post 1738462)
I tried both of those. With the first on: ENU-Chobit Company SmartLock 2.0F.CAB the unlock button obscured the answer button when a call came in and I couldn't answer the call.

The second one: Boushh Light WVGA HTC Lockscreen 1.5.cab worked just like the stock one -- it didn't relock the phone after a call ended.

Any other ideas?

You need to install both and go into the setting of smartlock. Which are in the system settings

CMeys 05-06-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vzihome (Post 1738469)
You need to install both and go into the setting of smartlock. Which are in the system settings

Thank you. I've got both installed, but can't seem to figure out how to set it so that it only locks when I lock it manually but will then relock at end of a call.

Now I've got the following checked:
WM6.5 new lock
Incall lock
Outcall lock (also tried with Outcall connected lock checked)
Enable lock sound
Disable hardkeyboard when using telephone

Everything else is unchecked, but it doesn't relock at end of a call. Is there something else that should be checked (note that I don't want phone to ever lock automatically only if I do it manually then to relock after a call ends).

Thanks.

vzihome 05-06-2010 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CMeys (Post 1738496)
Thank you. I've got both installed, but can't seem to figure out how to set it so that it only locks when I lock it manually but will then relock at end of a call.

Now I've got the following checked:
WM6.5 new lock
Incall lock
Outcall lock (also tried with Outcall connected lock checked)
Enable lock sound
Disable hardkeyboard when using telephone

Everything else is unchecked, but it doesn't relock at end of a call. Is there something else that should be checked (note that I don't want phone to ever lock automatically only if I do it manually then to relock after a call ends).

Thanks.

Let me play with it a lil bit ill get back to you