PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 10:56 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Davano is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Need Help! Just Got Used Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 on ebay. Cant send or receive MMS!!

I bought a used Unlocked Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 on ebay. It works perfectly fine, except I cant send or receive MMS messages. Im using a T-mobile Sim Card for my Tmobile services. Someone please help me. I need to send and recieve MMS messages.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G
Carrier: Sprint postpaid

daddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardaddymikey1975 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Need Help! Just Got Used Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 on ebay. Cant send or receive MMS

please post in the correct subforum.

IBTL
Old 05-05-2010, 11:15 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2
Carrier: Sprint

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: Need Help! Just Got Used Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 on ebay. Cant send or receive MMS

unlock it and find a custom rom in the GSM upgrade section
Old 05-06-2010, 12:22 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2, EVO 3D

Metalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuffMetalmayhem knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
wrong advice...reread his post. he bought an unlocked Sprint TP2 and is using a t-mobile sim in it. So dont flash a gsm rom, only a CDMA rom

I think you just need to find a carrier cab that configures it for t-mobile's settings...

EDIT: Found what you need...hope it works for you.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...6&postcount=26

just install that and MMS should work.

Last edited by Metalmayhem; 05-06-2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 12:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

nanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnanoware is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

oh man sounds like the phones a dud.... i'll give you $10 bucks for it, or its pretty much a paper weight

j/k lol
Old 05-06-2010, 12:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Sprint Evo

ACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuffACHlLLES knows their stuff

Quote:
do not listen to this guy! flashing gsm rom will brick your phone!

Myn's 2.2 RLS3
Netarchy-toastmod-4.21-bfs-bfq-havs-more-smartass-universal (More Aggressive Undervolting) //// Testing Ziggy471Kernel-EVO-update_signed-11052010-1609
Old 05-06-2010, 08:36 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

my bad, I thought T-Mobile was GSM
Old 05-06-2010, 08:40 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
my bad, I thought T-Mobile was GSM
T-Mobile IS gsm, but the phone is a CDMA phone that happens to have a GSM slot (for reasons of leaving the country), if you SIM unlock the phone you can use american GSM sim cards in it, (att and tmobile) however flashing a GSM rock on the phone will more than likely brick it. you need to update the prl settings.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Davano is a n00b

HELLLP. Now I have another problem. MetalMayahem I Installed that problem that you told me to install, but before I did I had another program called CMYLXGO's Sprint M2.5 MMS workaround-CMYLXGO.cab which I downloaded and installed after I got the phone thinking that it would fix the MMS problem. Even after I install the CMYLXGO 2.5 MMS at the time the SMS(normal text worked) There is another one called Aflliction Modificed Arcsoft 5_2_845 that was already with the phone when i got it but i never did anything to that. Its still on there. But what im saying is that when I downloaded the BDX TMO MMS that MetalMayah refered me to, I decided to delete the SPRINT CMYLXGO program that I downloaded before, and then I installed the BDX TMO. After that I couldnt even text. It wont let me go to the text or SMS screen to text or anything. I need to fix this!! I cant even text now. I tried reinstalling the 2.5MM thing but that didnt work. Even tho I tried deleting it, it still shows on the storage memory and shows its still installed.. help..
Old 05-06-2010, 02:14 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Davano is a n00b

the sprint cmlyxgo says something about zenyee htc messaging. i think thats the problem. i was googling and i see that zenyee has programs to stop SMS messaging for HTC. How do I fix this issue. It also says something about a SMS patch or something whenever I reset/restart the Phone..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2