PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 03:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

tone_dog is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to tone_dog Send a message via Yahoo to tone_dog
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/838; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

i was wondering what you guys think about this. is it even a possibility? i love my touch pro 2 but i am gonna get me the new htc hvo when it comes out. i never had a problem with my tp2 but i heard some people have. lucky i havent. although i had millions of problems with my tp1. will it ever happen? or highly unlikely? i think theres a chance a few people might get it this way if they are out of stock and what not. lets hear your thoughts
Old 05-06-2010, 03:12 AM
DroidX_ZombieStomped
Pocket PC: DroidX
Carrier: Verizon

yearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the communityyearn is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to yearn
Re: sprint or asurion replace tp2 with new evo? possible or wishful thinking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tone_dog View Post
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/5.0.3521/838; U; en) Presto/2.4.15)

i was wondering what you guys think about this. is it even a possibility? i love my touch pro 2 but i am gonna get me the new htc hvo when it comes out. i never had a problem with my tp2 but i heard some people have. lucky i havent. although i had millions of problems with my tp1. will it ever happen? or highly unlikely? i think theres a chance a few people might get it this way if they are out of stock and what not. lets hear your thoughts
Highly unlikely,
Even if they did replace it with another device, it would be a comparable model,
not a newer device without a hardware keyboard and running a totally different OS.

But its a nice thought.

If I helped you out,Hit the THANKS
Old 05-06-2010, 03:18 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)
Carrier: Sprint

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

{Buzzer}
Nice Try!
LOL
Old 05-06-2010, 03:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tone_dog is a n00b

ya thats what i thought. i was once offered the diamond and the moment for my tp. one has no keyboard and one a different os. thats what i was goin off of for the most part. but we all can dream right....
Old 05-06-2010, 03:20 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tone_dog is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

{Buzzer}
Nice Try!
LOL
worth a shot
Old 05-06-2010, 03:59 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Sprint probably will....for warranty replacement. You have a year on your phone for "defects". I learned to never go through asurion unless you lose your phone.

Gotta give it some time though. Remember how we had to wait a few months for the TP2 to get onto the list? The hero and the moment are on that list too. As long as you have their top tier phone you will have you choice in anything, just give it time.

Last edited by aman1127; 05-06-2010 at 04:02 AM.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:52 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i doubt they would do the Evo, it would probably be a Hero first.

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"
Old 05-06-2010, 10:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work

lol yea I would pay that $100. I don't think so they have plenty of refur tp2.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

lol sprint only started doing the upgrade to the TP2 from the TP1 because they were sick of replacing keyboards. we used to go through at our store about 20-25 TP keyboards a day. now we just exchange everyone that comes across our table. spreading the TP2 love!
Old 05-06-2010, 11:05 AM
you know ...
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

meatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on repmeatgel is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to meatgel

I highly doubt it.

Sprint Evo 3D! ...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2