PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2010, 04:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: Sprint

Jayhawkpride12 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Wanna make $20? Help a Noob!

Alrighty guys, idk what the **** I did but I got a promblem here, and I'm looking for some help. If anyone can truly help me, i wouldnt mine making a friendly donation to them...$20 through paypal.

Well I have been trying to connect my TP2 to the computer to do a flash and when I start the flash I am connected through acticesync and everything but as soon as I start and the phone goes to the bootloader screen, I get a 260 ERROR message and the RUU stops. Also when I am in the bootloader screen and try to connect to the PC in order to try to start the RUU through that, my device doesnt register the USB connection ( it still says "serial" at the bottom) and my computer pops up saying it cannont recognize the device. Weird, I know but I need to flash this thing back to stock and undo everything so that I can sell this bad boy to get ready for the EVO!!!

PLEASSSSE HELP!
Old 05-09-2010, 05:39 AM
Its FLASHING time!!!
Pocket PC: Evo & TP2
Carrier: SPCS

vin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation levelvin255764 can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Wanna make $20? Help a Noob!

just flash from sd card.very easy:
extract ruu_sibned.nbh,rename it to rhodimg.nbh place to sd card.
shipped roms usually is .exe,just rename .exe to .rar so you can unrar it

Last edited by vin255764; 05-09-2010 at 05:43 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 05:47 AM
xSD
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EViO 4G

xSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuffxSD knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Or just right click the exe and Open With and then choose WinRar, no need to rename.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:32 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Desire
Carrier: USCC

Oditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regularOditius is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by vin255764 View Post
Tried that and WinZip didn't recognize it as a rar file, changed it to zip and same thing. I really would like to keep the sock ROM on my SD card (in a folder till needed) so i can do the flash dance when I don't have a PC handy.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:55 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

http://dc187.2shared.com/download/12...64948-540e6fe8

here is link to SPRINT 6.5 nbh file..
Op just put this on root of sd card and throw it on bootloader mode

If your carrier isnt sprint do NOTuse this file to flash.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-09-2010, 07:31 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Sprint Advantage Club

neudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on repneudof is halfway to VIP status based on rep

1 - establish your connection in the windows mobile device center
2 - If you are using Vista or windows 7, right click on the installer and select run as administrator

This should resolve the dropping connection
Old 05-09-2010, 11:31 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

did anybody win yet??? ... try settings-connections-usbtopc-unselect faster downloading check mark... make sure your device is connected and recognized B4 entering bootloader... i dont even know if the whole process works if your in bootloader before connecting to the PC
Old 05-09-2010, 11:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Don't forget....you need to run to "run as an administrator" id your on Vista or higher. Right click on the exe and choose "run as an administrator".

Also, do as Vin suggested....it really is the easiest.
Old 05-09-2010, 02:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work

are you running 64bit version of windows? If so reboot and hit f8 and when the load options come up select disable digital signature enforcement.

Dave

Old 05-09-2010, 03:49 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

DomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on repDomSim is halfway to VIP status based on rep

do this, launch windows device manager
enter bootloader on your phone
the device manager screen should update and you should either have a new catagory show up title "mobile devices" or you will have something that is not recognized show it. this willbe indicated by a yellow circle with an exclamation point on it.
either way, right click this new entry, and select uninstall.
if it asks say no to deleting drivers.
now re-enter bootloader mode by holding power and volume down and hitting reset again.
windows should now recognize the device and re-install the drivers for it. should take like 2 minutes or so for that to happen. do not unplug your phone during this time. once it shows usb on the phone then your good to go. if it shows serial then the drivers were not the issue and you will need to try something other than what i just suggested.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2