PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Internet Teaming while Tethering! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120306)

IM0001 05-05-2010 11:10 PM

Internet Teaming while Tethering!

Ok so the idea has been bouncing around in my head forever trying to find a way to mix the bandwidth of my 1.5Mbit DSL with my 1Mbit 3G coverage from my Touch Pro 2. The main benefit I found also was the upload speed of my TP2 was also around 1Mbit while my DSL only had somewhere around 128kbps.

I could not find any useful info for the longest time until today I found THIS. What I did was set both my phones Metric to 1 and my DSL's Metric to 1. So instead of it only going to the other one on auto when one connection drops, now windows balances out the load depending on connection. So this means that multiple connection downloads such as using a downloader that makes more than 1 connection to the file, or torrenting, will share the load and increase speed (Shown by taking my max torrent speed from about 150Kbps up to 240+Kbps.)
It is amazing how easy this was and how it worked. The only thing that might also have to be done is a reg entry that I also found the few months back that might have part of something to do with this but it did nothing on its own at the time.
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Servic es\NetBT\Parameters]
Value Name: RandomAdapter
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)
I set mine to 1.

Well there you have it. A way to increase your internet speed when using multiple internet connections whether it be 2 cable connections, a wifi and lan connection, your cell, broadband card, etc. I believe it could be used with as many nic connections as you can get to your comp but I have not tested this so I cannot say.

*All tweaks of this nature to your comp and usage with your data plan are your own choice and I cannot be held accountable for anything unfortunate that could happen while using your connections in this double teaming effort.* ;)

If you do get it working though. Please hit Thanks :)

IM0001 05-06-2010 02:36 AM

Re: Internet Teaming while Tethering!

Nobody finds this useful and exciting? Common. After a bit more testing it may not help with HTML file downloads but it definitely shows a solid boost while torrenting. My DSL alone tops out at about 150Kbps while downloading and tonight I have gotten it teamed up to over 280Kbps. Not a bad boost.

horndoctor 05-06-2010 02:49 AM

Re: Internet Teaming while Tethering!

Quote:

Originally Posted by IM0001 (Post 1737502)
Nobody finds this useful and exciting? Common. After a bit more testing it may not help with HTML file downloads but it definitely shows a solid boost while torrenting. My DSL alone tops out at about 150Kbps while downloading and tonight I have gotten it teamed up to over 280Kbps. Not a bad boost.

Thanks for posting this!
I'm sure others will find it useful! ;)