PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO
Carrier: Sprint

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: My screen only turns on when I take battery out and put back in, help please

speaking with Sprint Advanced support now, she is telling me to do a hard reset (which I have done) she is telling me that doing the hard reset with the code will be different and should correct my issue...jeez.. I am humoring her and going into the EPST settings to reset .. all she could tell me is that this is different than all the other hard resets and should fix it. I asked her what made this different and her answer was " sir, I am an advanced support tech and worked on a lot of these phones and this always fixes the problem" LOL , I asked her how this was technically different and she couldnt answer. I asked for an advance exchange and she said I had reached my maximum number of exchanges in the last 12 months...(one ?????) I asked her what the max was and she couldnt or wouldnt answer. I am amazed every time I call Sprint....I guess now i have to just wait and take it to the SAR center and go through that ordeal.....
Old 05-07-2010, 02:33 AM
Suuuper Geeenius
Pocket PC: hTc RhodiumW (Touch Pro2)

horndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the communityhorndoctor is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to horndoctor
Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefty11
speaking with Sprint Advanced support now, she is telling me to do a hard reset (which I have done) she is telling me that doing the hard reset with the code will be different and should correct my issue...jeez.. I am humoring her and going into the EPST settings to reset .. all she could tell me is that this is different than all the other hard resets and should fix it. I asked her what made this different and her answer was " sir, I am an advanced support tech and worked on a lot of these phones and this always fixes the problem" LOL , I asked her how this was technically different and she couldnt answer. I asked for an advance exchange and she said I had reached my maximum number of exchanges in the last 12 months...(one ?????) I asked her what the max was and she couldnt or wouldnt answer. I am amazed every time I call Sprint....I guess now i have to just wait and take it to the SAR center and go through that ordeal.....
LOL
Old 05-07-2010, 02:47 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro

ricky0254 is a n00b
Re: My screen only turns on when I take battery out and put back in, help please

I've had the same exact issue since last week too.. I tried hard reset, provision reset, flashing different roms. nothing worked so I went to the repair center : at first the tech told me nothings wrong (thats because he had just restarted the phone and screen was on), then I hit the power off button and told him to turn it back on.. they ended up ordering me a new one
Old 05-07-2010, 03:37 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

yes tech support always amazes me. i had my clearwire 4g usb stick acting up the last couple of months, it would quit working, requiring either a reset from clear or for me to uninstall and reinstall software. didn't work the other night so I called clear to get a replacement, and the stupid female dog on the other end wanted to walk me through all the "fixes" I had spent all night doing. So I not so politely told her to look at the notes on my acct, see the 5 online chats I had done the night before and then to come back and give me a real solution to my problem.

She sent me a new usb stick overnight.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:52 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HitachiG1000, ppc6700,I730,Mogul,Touch,TP,TP2, EVO

lefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularlefty11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
yes tech support always amazes me. i had my clearwire 4g usb stick acting up the last couple of months, it would quit working, requiring either a reset from clear or for me to uninstall and reinstall software. didn't work the other night so I called clear to get a replacement, and the stupid female dog on the other end wanted to walk me through all the "fixes" I had spent all night doing. So I not so politely told her to look at the notes on my acct, see the 5 online chats I had done the night before and then to come back and give me a real solution to my problem.

She sent me a new usb stick overnight.
LOL, obviously this wasnt the tech(use the term loosely) named Methelia....funny how most times you can tell right out of the box from their tone of voice , which tech is really going to be able to help and takes pride in helping or solving problems , and the ones who I think are just there to collect a paycheck. Sorry, didn't mean to drag this way off base

BTW: I thought I would add, in addition to the SOD issue, at the same time i began having that issue, I also randomly get instances where my volume goes inop/muted, even though the control shows volume turned up. I have to do a soft reset to get ot back on. Wonder if anyone else had same experience.

Last edited by lefty11; 05-07-2010 at 05:54 AM.
Old 05-09-2010, 06:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Add me to the list of Fubar phones. What the heck?! I never dropped my phone or nutting. I had an aux cable plugged into it listening to my beatz on my boombox and then I try to turn the screen on to switch off of the stupid lady gaga song that somehow made it onto my phone. ??? And pow! No screen for you! I did the hard reset and same problem. I can still receive e-mails and such. I just can't see them. I tried pulling the stylus and it makes the key lights go on but no alas, no screen still. Only when I soft reset, does it work. No need to pull the battery. What I don't understand is, how does the same button, that turns it off, not turn it back on?! It's crazy. Has to be a software problem...but it can't be.

LADY GAGA KILLED MY PHONE!

Oh and to top it all off, I'm deployed to Afghanistan right now using a hajji sim card. How long do you think it would take for Sprint to send one here? I hate my life.
Call the Gas and Electric company up and ask for a free months use, Try the Water Company next and see if they give you a % off for working at Walmart or Boeing. Next time you go to Chevron tell the kid who has been there since 2am that you have been a long time customer and want to know where the free gas is and that you want some Ready Now Service too.

Last edited by dbldwn02; 05-09-2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-10-2010, 08:45 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

I also have the SOD issue. There was another thread on this board that recommended that you update both the PRL and the Profile and then do a soft reset. I did this yesterday morning and so far have been ok. I hope that I haven't jinxed myself.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Droid Incredible
Carrier: VZW

phony01 is a n00b

Earlier this year I was getting the SOD, seemingly from out of nowhere. I started uninstalling any recent cabs I added until this was no longer an issue. I can't remember exactly which cab gave me the problems, but I wanna say it was some sort of audio booster.
Old 05-10-2010, 03:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive

NYC Guy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by phony01 View Post
Earlier this year I was getting the SOD, seemingly from out of nowhere. I started uninstalling any recent cabs I added until this was no longer an issue. I can't remember exactly which cab gave me the problems, but I wanna say it was some sort of audio booster.
Was this running the 6.1 ROM or the 6.5 ROM?
Old 05-10-2010, 04:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Can't Touch This...PRO TOO!
Carrier: Sprint4Life

dbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good workdbldwn02 is keeping up the good work

Stock 6.5 on mine. And it's not a cab problem either. I've done two hard resets and before I install anything it still has the same problem. So it HAS to be a hardware problem which doesn't make sense since it can turn the phone off. Pulling the stylus doesn't work and sliding the keyboard is just as futile. The EVO is looking better and better every day. Just need to make it another couple months. It's going to be rough.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2