PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   reminder no longer working,,,again. (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120283)

Skywarp 05-05-2010 07:24 PM

reminder no longer working,,,again.

Is this just a windows mobile thing?

This is my third device where the reminders just cease to work.

Is there hopefully a permanent solution for this basic function loss?

kaos 05-05-2010 07:31 PM

Re: reminder no longer working,,,again.

wtf you mean? lol mine works fine. what rom you gota give more info beside a random post...lol

horndoctor 05-05-2010 07:51 PM

Wirelessly posted (HTC Diamond: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 7.11) Sprint MP6950SP)

Third device but the same operator. ;)

Something is getting screwed up or interfereing with your sounds and notifications. Check and make sure nothing is disabled first. I recommend you use an app like sktools or cleartemp to clear out old temp files and clear notification que. Those leftovers may be causing your problems.

Skywarp 05-06-2010 07:22 AM

Ill expound.

I'm running the stock sprint 6.5 rom with sense 2

The reminder was working for a while, and ceased to work.

I had the same problem with 6.1 and on my regular touch pro.

When I do a google search for reminder not working, it seems to be a common problem with windows mobile caused by multiple things, including multiple notification que (?).

I was wondering if anyone knows a permanent solution to fixing this problem?

murtynvr 05-06-2010 08:09 AM

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

i had exactly the same issue with my imate... when i contacted helpdesk, they said hard reboot and again after a week or so, issue used to popup.. i searched so much and could not find any solution.. what i understand is, it is a waking up problem..

i do remember the issue and every time i did not snooze or dismiss the reminders in my tp2, i test with one reminder to be sure it is working...

please help if anyone has faced this and found any fix..

austin420 05-06-2010 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skywarp (Post 1736919)
Is this just a windows mobile thing?

This is my third device where the reminders just cease to work.

Is there hopefully a permanent solution for this basic function loss?

have you tried a 3rd party alarm like g.alarm? i think in addition to just being an alarm app, it has a fix for the failure to wake problem or wahtever.

Skywarp 05-25-2010 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1737908)
have you tried a 3rd party alarm like g.alarm? i think in addition to just being an alarm app, it has a fix for the failure to wake problem or wahtever.

I havent tried 3rd party yet.

Would you happen to know if there's anyway to to just make the calender reminder to work consistantly?

It seems like the most basic of functions for a mobile device

Recursion 05-25-2010 10:34 AM

Maybe try a 3P ROM? I'm on Vin's Plutonium, no problems with reminders over here.

boredandtattooed 05-25-2010 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by austin420 (Post 1737908)

your right.. when you install, it tells you it needs to fix the "windows alarm bug" first...

OP that should fix your notification issues, even if you chose not to actually use the app itself after install...

..but it is a great alarm app IMO too

Skywarp 05-26-2010 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boredandtattooed (Post 1773044)
your right.. when you install, it tells you it needs to fix the "windows alarm bug" first...

OP that should fix your notification issues, even if you chose not to actually use the app itself after install...

..but it is a great alarm app IMO too

Thanks
Ill give it a shot. Im really desperate at this point.
I can't believe microsoft couldn't make a reliably working alarm for their devices.