PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

oppman is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Energy or Mighty?

NGR all the way, you wont have to deal with installing additional stuff.. its ready with all the appz you need battery life is also great.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:18 PM
PPCGeeks Refugee
Pocket PC: Nexus 5
Carrier: My Flunky

WorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIPWorldWide is a VIP
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to WorldWide

I'm currently not using either one right now, but being that I've run MM's ROMs since the TP1 before the word got out, I would recommend it. I tried NRG once or twice, but I was having battery issues. Nice themes though!
Old 05-06-2010, 01:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: EVO LTE

black ice is becoming a great contributor

MIghty MIke, hands down! this new SE build is the one! period....
Old 05-06-2010, 02:08 PM
Rockin' the Red!!
Pocket PC: 1.31.11Neo -- FRX06
Carrier: Sero

Recursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIPRecursion is a VIP

IMHO...a toss up. Both are great, so it depends on what you're looking for. I haven't compared them recently, but both have been very stable. ENERGY was a bit more eye-candy-esque, so I'd suggest trying both out & seeing which one you prefer.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I honestly think you need to try more than just Mighty Rom and NRG roms. I like 6.5.x roms, and Mighty just doesnt do it for me. NRG roms are pretty solid, never had a problem. Actually all 3 of us Tech's at sprint had a variation of NRG roms, and they are very stable. 6.5.x itself isnt really a solid operating system. there are always glitches.

I think you need to try everything out. Personally ive started using XYC (xpress your cell) releases, and his newest GTX PM release has been the best ive used up to date.

Mighty Rom is going to be the most stable 6.5 release (with start menu at top left)
NRG 6.5.x CHT is pretty good as well.
XYCGTX PM edition looks amazing and runs smooth
XYC also has clean releases, where its pretty much just a barebones 6.5.x rom but it doesnt have either Max Manilla or CHT, but you can choose your own, skin your own, etc. without all that extra junk, its pretty quick and stable.

Roms are like ice cream flavors. some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla, and still others like rocky road and reeses peanutbutter cup.
unless you try them all how are you going to know your favorite?

Word of advice. before you pass judgement on any rom, take the advice of Dapbmonkey4u and do the flash dance.

flash to stock, hard reset (clear storage is best)
flash to custom rom, hard reset (clear storage is still best).

flashing roms over roms always tends to leave extra junk behind. dont believe me? flash a rom, check your free memory and free space. hard reset, and check again. you will be amazed!
Old 05-06-2010, 03:03 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

I haven't used either of them since the official WM6.5 update, but I did go back and forth between the two for a while. What I found was pretty much as people are already saying.

NRG is VERY nice looking and stylish, but I've had stability and speed problems with all the flashy ROMs that came from him.

MR has had a couple that had stability issues, but for the most part, I've only had good experiences with MM's ROMs. However, they don't look nearly as nice as the NRG ones.

I had problems with the Sprint 6.5 official at first, but after hard resetting and clear storage about 4 times, I have had no issues except for the occasional slowness showing up after several days without restart. The only thing that slows the phone down, it seems, is the Messaging application...which IMO has always sucked and has been a downfall of WM since I've been using it. I use Cookie's Home Tab with it and have no reason for custom ROMs.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:11 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post
Word of advice. before you pass judgement on any rom, take the advice of Dapbmonkey4u and do the flash dance.

flashing roms over roms always tends to leave extra junk behind. dont believe me? flash a rom, check your free memory and free space. hard reset, and check again. you will be amazed!
Bump the flash dance, it's waaay too time consuming considering the alternative: Task29. Run Task29 before you flash your ROC (ROM of Choice) and everything will be wiped clean.

Task29 Thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571

Last edited by mlin; 05-06-2010 at 03:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:15 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

newkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regularnewkidd is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlin View Post
Bump the flash dance, it's waaay too time consuming considering the alternative: Task29. Run Task29 before you flash your ROC (ROM of Choice) and everything will be wiped clean.

Task29 Thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=116571

true, but i like the flash dance because i can be anywhere and flash through everything. ive never gotten task29 to work without being connected to a pc.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM
Jailbroken and rooted
Pocket PC: ET4G/Thrive/iPad (original)
Carrier: Sprint and AT&T

amw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIPamw1972 is a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by newkidd View Post
I honestly think you need to try more than just Mighty Rom and NRG roms. I like 6.5.x roms, and Mighty just doesnt do it for me. NRG roms are pretty solid, never had a problem. Actually all 3 of us Tech's at sprint had a variation of NRG roms, and they are very stable. 6.5.x itself isnt really a solid operating system. there are always glitches.

I think you need to try everything out. Personally ive started using XYC (xpress your cell) releases, and his newest GTX PM release has been the best ive used up to date.

Mighty Rom is going to be the most stable 6.5 release (with start menu at top left)
NRG 6.5.x CHT is pretty good as well.
XYCGTX PM edition looks amazing and runs smooth
XYC also has clean releases, where its pretty much just a barebones 6.5.x rom but it doesnt have either Max Manilla or CHT, but you can choose your own, skin your own, etc. without all that extra junk, its pretty quick and stable.

Roms are like ice cream flavors. some people like chocolate, some people like vanilla, and still others like rocky road and reeses peanutbutter cup.
unless you try them all how are you going to know your favorite?

bump this ENTIRE POST.

you really should do a bit of research and check out all the ROM's that are being offered. Understand that aside from a few of the "top" chefs...most ROM's are cooked out of a handful of kitchens (software that builds ROMs.) Since MOST ROM's are created out of the same kitchens...a lot of what is under the hood is the same. I've learned that even though there are MANY chefs...only a few actually make enough changes under the hood to call their ROM "THEIRS."

With that being said, check them all out. If those flavors don't interest you...you can always cook your own. Because only you know what you like OR don't like.

Most 6.5 ROM's should be stable now...since the "official" release have come and gone. As for 6.5.X ROM's (my personal preference) depending on the build...some are sluggish and some are fast. MOST are stable.

I suggest whatever ROM you flash...try something bare bones first...know what version manila its running (Sense 2.5 has many different version numbers) install the programs YOU want on your phone. As for the eye candy...if you can find it...no reason why you shouldn't try it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2