PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lou2004 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Energy or Mighty?

sprint stock 6.5 rom is the most stable rom I have ever used. never freeze up on me. but I do reset my phone once every few days.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

they are both very stable roms... mightyrom is more stock like when energy has lots of apps and nice themes. i prefer mightyrom because i like to theme my self but if you dont want to install a lot go with energy. both are bug free except for wm and sense bugs

Old 05-05-2010, 09:53 PM
WFG
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Rooted HTC EVO

WFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on repWFG is halfway to VIP status based on rep

if you want stability go with the 21xxx roms energy or mighty both are great! if you want the newer builds of windows phone (23xxx) mighty full force is stable but stock looking, i never had stability issues with energy and his 23xxx roms are some of the best.

i would personally recomend mighty special edition or energy's 21xxx with cookie home tab. both come out the box with all you need and a very nice theme

but if your willing to go outside of nrgz and mighty i have been using mr.x rom for months and like better than both. also vins roms are great too.

Last edited by WFG; 05-05-2010 at 09:56 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

hotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhotspace is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I have to agree with the last post. Vin's ROMS are my ROMS of choice. If you are only looking at NRG and Mighty your selling yourself short.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:29 PM
VIP
Pocket PC: HD2/Focus/soon EVO3D

Mr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPMr.KLeen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

energy for me;]
Old 05-05-2010, 10:38 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

MightyROM FTW.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:44 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Wirelessly posted (Opera 9.7 (Windows NT 5.1; U; en))

Its up to personal preference so try both of them out.Like i dont have any freeze ups on sprint 6.5 and you do.
Asking between these roms is like asking if you should have a corona or a heineken try both and you will choose which is better for you.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:46 PM
Just call me Dr. Doctor
Pocket PC: Nexus 6
Carrier: Bitch ass, big red

mlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIPmlin is a VIP
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

I have run both of these ROMs quite a bit and both are included in my in depth, objective ROM analysis (see the link in my sig, updates coming very soon). From my experience, they are both incredibly stable. However, I prefer MR to NRG for 3 reasons:
1) MR has a stock appearance which I like very much.
2) MR has better battery life
3) MR is a much lighter build yielding more available RAM and room to install prorams of my choice.

Hope this helps.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 PM
College ROM Teacher ESQ
Pocket PC: College ROM iphony Killer
Carrier: $print

piranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on reppiranah is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via Yahoo to piranah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotspace View Post
I have to agree with the last post. Vin's ROMS are my ROMS of choice. If you are only looking at NRG and Mighty your selling yourself short.
amen. i know its a long ways off, but sometimes cooking your own is the most stable you can get. i was running 23563 for weeks with out a freeze up

its all about what you want. do you want bare bones, or stuff pre installed? do you want something ready out of the box, or do you want to tweak?

Help Me Help You
Old 05-05-2010, 11:06 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lou2004 View Post
sprint stock 6.5 rom is the most stable rom I have ever used. never freeze up on me. but I do reset my phone once every few days.
my god are you serious?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2