PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 06:47 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Energy or Mighty?

try both for sure. mighty is super stable, but nrg is super flashy. nrg updates more too. every few days.

Old 05-05-2010, 06:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

sprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsprinttouch666 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

i agree you should try both, but i already have several times so i will give you me opinion

MR 6.5.3 is more stable than Energy 6.5.3 (but 6.5.3 isn't very stable to begin with)

MR and Enegry 6.5 are about the same in stability but i find Energy much faster and it's already skinned for you.

if you are planning to in reskin everything and apply a ton of gui changes ect. MR will be far less likely to give you any problems or stability issues
Old 05-05-2010, 07:19 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Try Mr. X's latest 6.5 ROM.

IMO faster than both Mighty and NRG Rom's.... And yes, I've used both.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:43 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rdubb76 is a n00b

I would have to agree on Mr. X's 6.5 rom. I've used most, if not all, the rom's on here, trying to find everything I want in a rom and ALWAYS come right back to Mr. X..it doesn't have all the bells and whistles of some of the others but its as fast a rom as I've tried, stable and complete.
Old 05-05-2010, 07:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

well if juggs rom is in the mix then try mr.x(juggs) i run it on 1 tp2 at all times since his 2.1 roms and sig shows my goto rom.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

iknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good workiknight8 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to iknight8

NRG GTX May 1st rom is awesome... fast and good on battery!!! doesnt freeze up either... give that a try!

HTC TouchPro2 > HTC Evo > Samsung Fascinate > HTC ThunderBolt
Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

KilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKilgoreBA is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to KilgoreBA

Definetely go with MightyROM. It's the most stable ROM available for the Touch Pro 2, in my opinion, and I have tried them all. NRG ROMs are super flashy and pretty but can sometimes be very unstable. With MightyROM, it is pretty much barebones stockish look, so you can make it how you want it.
Radio 2.23.00WV
Old 05-05-2010, 08:23 PM
Switching to Android
Pocket PC: SameSung S3, (retired)HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Big Red.. Unless they piss me off!

clueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuffclueless25 knows their stuff

personally between the 2 i'd have to go with energy's

If Someone has helped you, don't forget to thank them.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive 32GB MANGO (Sprint)
Carrier: Page Plus Cellular (Verizon)

dtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regulardtrush is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)

Energy here. I used to run Mighty once upon a time and try his new builds out from time to time. No problem with them. I used to cook with Calkulin but I'm not a good chef and my roms would blow up after 4 to 6 weeks of use.

I like NRG roms as they have all the stuff I want, look good, and I'm addicted to the "Action" button. I don't usually have stability issues ever. Sometimes features change from rom to rom and you have to learn where to get what you need.

My 2 cents
Old 05-05-2010, 08:36 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

I've tried both ROMs and they both run very well. I've noticed that the NRG roms seem to be a little bit more responsive, opening programs faster, loading screens faster, etc but they come with a couple minor issues. I would occasionally hang on clean ram lvl 3 and a couple other small issues. Honestly if you want something that will be stable, fast and responsive use WM 6.1 Sense 2.1. The fastest my phone ever ran was with that combo.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2