PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2010, 10:52 AM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Pocket PC: HTC Evo & TP2
Carrier: SpRinT

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to JDM_SOHC
Purpleish spot on blank white screen?

So I was going into Opera the other day an I noticed the faint purple blemish about the size of a #2 pencil's eraser in circular diameter on my screen... I've reset and an all that an it's still there..!! My phone hasn't even been held that much let alone dropped or anything of the sort... I'm sure this has to be some sort of a mechanical dysfunction, but I haven't noticed anyone else ever noticing this on their phones... WTF..!?! I'll post a pic ina minute just seein if anyone else has had this...

If any old TP or Mogul users are on here, it's similar to that White Spot that we were spontaneously getting but it's a faint purpleish color...

Old 05-10-2010, 12:12 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP
Re: Purpleish spot on blank white screen?

I have the same, but mine is only about 2mm in diameter and is in the lower right quadrant of my screen. Still frustrating, though, but not as bad as the big dark spot I had in the middle of my Touch/Vogue.
Old 05-10-2010, 12:19 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

JDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on repJDM_SOHC is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Yeah mines probably identical to yours except in the lower left quadrant... And definitely not as noticeable as the touch's or tp1's dark/light spots but still this should be covered under warranty right..??
Old 05-10-2010, 12:32 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

blix1337 is a n00b

I have one too, however it's lower right quadrant. I didn't think anyone else was having this problem...
Old 05-10-2010, 12:55 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

It might be the newton ring. Your phone should still be under warranty, take it to the store and ask for a replacement.
Old 05-10-2010, 01:14 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by burtonsnow8 View Post
It might be the newton ring. Your phone should still be under warranty, take it to the store and ask for a replacement.
I'm not sure how that would be possible since there are no convex portions of the glass.

Interestingly enough, I tilted the top end of my TP2 toward me and at about 45° backward of normal viewing angle, the spot disappears. After tilting in other directions, it was still visible.

The dot doesn't move though, so it seems to be a problem with either the backlight being obstructed from the LCD, or perhaps an actual panel issue. :/
Old 05-10-2010, 02:30 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Yeah it doesn't make any good sense to me that it could be the newton ring because that put out a hazy rainbow looking display in a huge square proportion and this is just a small dot..??
Old 05-10-2010, 02:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Optimus V
Carrier: Virgin Mobile

aldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regularaldamon is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

If it looks like this, an RMA is in your future:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=110514

http://misc.project18726.com/phonescreenbluedots.jpg

My replacement phone hasn't shown any spots yet.
Old 05-10-2010, 02:50 PM
PPCGeeks Ladies Man
Threadstarter

Dude, exactly 100% like that..!! Only on the lower left not the lower right... And the odd thing is my phone was brand new not refurb'd...!!
Old 05-10-2010, 03:27 PM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє

Yep, spot on. That's exactly what mine looks like.

How did you get a replacement? I went in to a Sprint store with my Touch when it had a huge dark spot in the center and they said that because it does not affect the functionality of the device, they wouldn't replace it for free (I'd have to pay $100 to Asurion).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2