PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 10:27 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Is the ability to Crop photos gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by w7excursion View Post
Thats familiar, multimedia folder anyone?
lol sometimes a picture helps.
Old 05-06-2010, 07:35 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2

fsturniolo is just getting started
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)

Thanks for the picture...they always help noobes like me. But I can't find a multimedia folder. In my honeycomb, all I have is HTC's albums program. Some of the other apps you show in your picture are there as well, but no multimedia folder or the pictures and videos program that I'm used to from previous versions. I'm running GT2L cleanup on Sprint 6.5. Is it possible the cleanup has removed these simple apps?
Old 05-06-2010, 01:47 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsturniolo View Post
Thanks for the picture...they always help noobes like me. But I can't find a multimedia folder. In my honeycomb, all I have is HTC's albums program. Some of the other apps you show in your picture are there as well, but no multimedia folder or the pictures and videos program that I'm used to from previous versions. I'm running GT2L cleanup on Sprint 6.5. Is it possible the cleanup has removed these simple apps?

I don't think it could be removed. its got to be in there somewhere. just go through each folder in your start menu and you should be able to find it.
Old 05-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Threadstarter

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

I don't have that folder, either. Could it be a problem that I'm using 6.5 or a stock Sprint rom? If I don't have it, I'll just try one of the programs posted in here. Thanks so far, guys.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:04 PM
truth mirror
Pocket PC: N Deuce

w7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuffw7excursion knows their stuff

Dont see why it wouldnt be on your phone. Im using the stock rom.
Old 05-06-2010, 05:55 PM
N00b

Thanks for the help, everyone.

I've been through all the folders on my phone, and it's just not there.

Anyone have a recommendation on a freeware program we could download that could take the place of what appears to be missing? It's no big deal, because I can always edit the pictures on my PC...it's just more convenient to do it on the phone itself.
Old 05-06-2010, 09:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

squarerootz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to squarerootz
Talking Re: Is the ability to Crop photos gone? [Workaround]

Here's the native workaround I used for this:

File Explorer > Browse to picture file > Hold Stylus down until context menu comes up > Scroll down to "Open With Program" > Scroll list for "Pictures & Videos (pimg.exe)" > Place a Checkmark in "Associate selected Program with this file type" > Tap "Open"

Now anytime you open that particular picture format or type, like .jpg, .png, etc. it will open with the editor you are used to and allow you to rotate, crop, etc. You will have to go through the steps for each different file type also.

Other photo browsers should still be able to read the newly associated photo formats too or at least S2V still will.

Which brings up a question I've had regarding the File Explorer Extention Tweek. On the TP & Mogul, using this cab would allow the viewing of photos straight from the File Explorer but in using it on the TP2, that little feature seems to be broken now. Anyone found a way to get that working again?
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:04 AM
N00b

Re: Is the ability to Crop photos gone? [Workaround]

Thanks, but I just tried that and the context menu didn't give me an option to "open with" But that gave me an idea. Knowing that I needed the to find "pimg.exe" I connected to my PC to explore the device, and opened the windows folder. I scrolled down to the pimg.exe file and copied it. Then while still in windows folder, I scrolled up to the Start Menu>Programs folder and pasted a shortcut there, and renamed it "Pictures and Videos". Low and behold, the program now appears in my honeycomb!!! It doesn't have the correct icon image, but it works like we all remember. Very Cool...

I hit the thanks button for you!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic
Threadstarter

JohnnyOnTheSpot is becoming a great contributor

fsturniolo, you, sir, may be a wizard. You and I seem to be running the same course of errors, so I'm hoping this will work for me. I'll try it later this weekend...thanks!
Old 05-07-2010, 02:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

squarerootz is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to squarerootz
Re: Is the ability to Crop photos gone? [Workaround]

Just realized why you didn't see the option. You only see it when you have File Explorer Tweek installed. Sorry but glad my mistake jogged your brain to working on the pimg.exe. copy & paste.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2