PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2010, 03:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

woods4ever is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Windows mobile 6.5 rom upgrade, touc pro 2, and MAC Question

Ok everyone here is my deal
First I have a touch pro 2 wanting to upgrade to the 6.5 The dilemma....I have a MAC laptop running MAC OS X Version 10.5.8

Anyways I started my syncing with a system called syncmate which is fine I cant sync much unless I upgrade but my contacts calendar and the computer itself reads my touch pro 2 No problems there

Then downloaded a trial knows an crossover to allow the download of the 6.5 ROM to be able to function on my MAC After a couple trial and errors I was finally up and running with the ROM on my mac

Now here comes the problem I get to the point where the updated ROM is verifying the data on my phone then boom after bout 45 secs it states there is a connection error I think its the 260 connection error which recommends restarting the phone and if that didnt work restarting the computer I did both and came up short both times Now mind you I used two USB cables both seem to be working fine because my battery is charging my computer is reading between it and the phone.

So tell me what gives, why is everything else reading my phone through the usb but not the ROM?

Any help would be much appreciated Thanks
Old 05-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Windows mobile 6.5 rom upgrade, touc pro 2, and MAC Question

You should try flashing from the SD** card if possible. Sync to your MAC like it is a SD card (not with any sync program), rename the .nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh, put it in the root of your SD card and then go into bootloader, it should automatically start installing your new ROM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks for the advice but im new to this

How do I sync my SD to my MAC?

How and where do I rename the file?

And where is bootloader?

Sorry for all the questions
Old 05-06-2010, 03:45 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8

Quote:
Originally Posted by woods4ever View Post
Thanks for the advice but im new to this

How do I sync my SD to my MAC?

How and where do I rename the file?

And where is bootloader?

Sorry for all the questions
No worries, I started in the same spot as you and am where I am now because of the community, that's what we're all here for. Here is how this is all done:

1) Connect phone to computer. On your phone: Start > Settings > Connections > USB to PC. Select the option for Disk Drive.
2) Now your Mac should recognize the phone as an external storage device and you can transfer files directly to the SD
3) Extract the .nbh file if it is not already: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=289830

Taken from XDA, regarding flashing from an SD card.

Quote:
Flashing Via MicroSD Card
1. Make sure your microSD is Formatted to fat32 (you dont have to delete all files but it is safer if you do)
2. Download your prefered Rom from the Rhodium Rom Develpoment Page and unzip/unrar it to your PC
3. Goto the Roms Folder and rename the .nbh file to RHODIMG.nbh
4. Copy the RHODIMG.nbh file to the root of your MicroSD Card
5. Plug the MicroSD Card into the phone
6. Enter the BootLoader screen, you will first see a tri-color screen with the phone and SPL Information at the top
7. Follow the On Screen instructions to start the update
8. After flash has completed, press the reset button with the stylus to reset the device.

*edit*

forgot about getting to bootloader. Disconnect your device from USB, turn off the phone, hit the power button + volume down key while device is off, you should enter bootloader from that screen and it will start the install automatically if the SD card is in.

Last edited by burtonsnow8; 05-06-2010 at 03:48 PM. Reason: forgot about bootloader
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:51 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G
Carrier: Sprint

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Mistake

Last edited by Rager02; 05-06-2010 at 08:16 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 03:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks where do I extract the .nbh file at on the mac or the phone?

I am trying with the mac and coming up short Am I doing something wrong
Old 05-06-2010, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks gmaine02 but where is this bootloader
Old 05-06-2010, 03:57 PM
VIP Member

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

bootloader is the tri color screen (red,blue,green) to put your phone in bootloader mode you hold vol down+power button and hit the soft reset button on the back of your device.the flashing process should start on its own.
Old 05-06-2010, 04:01 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

thanks gmaine now should i do this with another storage card because i have a lot of things on there I dont want anything to get erased
Old 05-06-2010, 04:06 PM
VIP Member

its just under 200mb you should be fine nothing will automatically be erased but just make sure you have enough memory on your storage card in settings

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2