PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 07:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Touch Pro 2 future problems

hello fellow geeks! Im sorta new to this wonderfull and helpfull community. I have a questions for those of you who have had the Touch Pro 2 for a long time now. What are the common problems with this ppc? We all remember the Touch Pro 1 problems that almost we all got. Like the dead keyboards are a 2 to 4 month use. And the oily screen from the lcd delaminating. And the chrome pealinf off. And finally the awful constant over heating that made the phone not charge at all. Now..... what are the common problems u all have come to a agreement that the tp2 has and will mostly have? Im about into 1 month with the tp2 and so far nothing has shownj up. knock on wood.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Tree Trunk Killa
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: VZW

burtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPburtonsnow8 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to burtonsnow8
Re: Touch Pro 2 future problems

The keyboards are much better on these devices, I have only seen 1 or 2 cases since having the phone in september being mentioned. Beyond that the only damage to the phone is from me dropping it. If by the oily screen you are referring to newton ring, yes some devices have had it happen, but probably from sitting in the sun or being exposed to extreme conditions, not from normal use. Never had any chrome or paint peel off the phone. My phone doesn't overheat and everyone who has switched has mentioned similarly that it doesn't overheat like the tp1 (use an oem charger though to not risk destroying your phone). Beyond that I've had my phone since US release day and everything still works great.

If anything the only downside is when you get a tp2 it requires some personalization for it to really scream.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:38 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

perry.rush is a n00b

I had a tp1 and it sucked. I got the tp2 and it rocks. I really did have lots of the problems you are talking about. The tp2 upgrade to 6.5 for Sprint caused me more headaches than anything, but it seems people have figured out how to clean it up and tweak the problems. on a RARE occasion my phone will suddenly shut off and restart by itself....who the heck knows. I LIKE it LOTS. I don't foresee upgrading to anything else because it is more than enough phone for me!!!
Old 05-05-2010, 12:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

so you can rule out the overheating issue and dead keyboard? looks like the real only issue here is possible the oily desalination on the screen that looks like a blob of a rainbow.
Also whats the main reason everyone took their phone in for a replacement?
Old 05-05-2010, 01:22 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907

The oil screen you mentioned is still a very persistent issue with the TP2. I have had 3 phones with this. Also, the microphone on the Verizon models seems to go out in some. These are the issues I have had. Just be very careful with the screen

Don't click me
Old 05-05-2010, 01:28 AM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

i've had mine since october and still have the same one! this thing is built like a tank, and i'm a very heavy user!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:36 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

I hate how many touch pro 2's I've went through. I'm not even hard on it at all. The only thing I do that apparently is a sin for this phone is put it in my pocket. If anyone has had the same phone since September/October....you have been extremely lucky.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:40 AM
Account Disabled

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level

i'm shocked too, i hope i didn't jinx myself because i don't want to have to buy another sim unlocker!
Old 05-05-2010, 01:57 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.8820 View Post
i'm shocked too, i hope i didn't jinx myself because i don't want to have to buy another sim unlocker!
The OP said knock on wood after his post. You didn't say that! I think you might have jinxed yourself
Old 05-05-2010, 02:00 AM
Account Disabled

lol, i knocked on my own head! truefully, the only problems with a tp2 is memory. but that's why i got a hd2, it runs 6.5 like the tp2 is supposed to.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2