PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2010, 07:21 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: spring

minabdalla is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Cam 2 Cam

I am wondering is there a cam2cam application for windows mobile. like if a friend is on a computer and has a webcam can i chat with them cam2cam with my phone's cam? something like qik but 2 way
Old 05-30-2010, 07:51 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik
Re: Cam 2 Cam

i havent really looked into much on that since the TP2 cam is rear facing... kinda hard to carry on a "face-to-face" conversation when you have to keep turning the phone around...
Old 05-30-2010, 07:53 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

RicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularRicoRich196 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Video chat?
You know me? I can spot a Swan from a Duck
My approach? Smoother than an Armani tux
Old 05-30-2010, 08:15 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

im gonna say No on this... even if there was an app, with a Forward facing Cam, youd never be able to see them on your device AND have yourself on cam at same time
Old 05-30-2010, 09:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Us Cellular

3volution is a n00b

There is an app
http://qik.com

Works great.
Old 05-30-2010, 09:09 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3volution View Post
There is an app
http://qik.com

Works great.
thats not cam2cam at all.. and OP stated he knew about that already...

theres nothing that will do what hes asking.. no way to view someone cam on your device and broadcast yourself as well... not gonna happen
Old 05-30-2010, 09:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Us Cellular

3volution is a n00b

That's true it will not do that.
Sorry.
Hope it helps temporarily then
Old 05-30-2010, 10:15 PM
The Dyslexic VIP

qik is ok enough if you dont have a webcam and wanna web chat with someone..

if you both have qik and use the site its easiest... for messangers and cams though you can set up your phone to stream, have them goto your qik page to see you.. for you its just like a normal webcam/messanger as ususal.. theyre the one that has to go through a few steps, but they just have the im from which ever messanger on top of your qik page... now they can see your stream and chat in whatever messanger they want

i dunno, thats about the best ive ever done for webcam stuff for TP series in general.. never looked into any paid options though either.. but even paid apps, theres nothing that will cam2cam On Device.. noone would make one when there no FFCs out there really
Old 05-30-2010, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Verizon

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Theres hope! I have sucessfully done this myself. Grab some tin foil paper. Make a hat with a sharp point on the top. Then crazy glue some electrical tape onj both sides. Grab your Tp2 and plug the wires to the usb port under it. Gorrilla glue the wire secure bto the usb port. Then duck tape the phone to your forehead facing forward so the cam can capture your face. Then... a little over dead time (3am for u non believers).... climb up your chimaney and peek out the top and face south to the Orion nebula. The try to make contact with bthe reptilian race from the elussive Planet X ( Niburo to be correct). Once you make contact.. tell them to send a telepathic message to the person you wish to do a face to face video chat. And Walla! there u have it! Again...... beware! For the long distance charge the Reptilians may want to probe you later that week so I suggest to change underwear.
Old 05-31-2010, 02:09 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: spring
Threadstarter

minabdalla is a n00b

its not that i want them to see me.. i just want to see them and they can see wat i am looking at..

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2