PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 09:40 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Touch Pro 2 future problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
I have had this phone since sprint launch and have had none of these problems...
Can I ask how you carry your phone on a daily basis?

Don't click me
Old 05-05-2010, 09:54 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
Can I ask how you carry your phone on a daily basis?
i gave up carrying my phone in my pocket when i got my first smart phone. I hate bulky things in my pockets.
http://cgi.ebay.com/HTC-Touch-Pro2-T...item3cac92a33b

but to each their own. maybe in time sprint will decide that rainbow banding is not a defect but caused by the owner and start charging you 100.00 to replace it.

not just resistive screens:
http://phandroid.com/2010/03/05/nexu...n-your-pocket/

Old 05-05-2010, 10:00 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

I've heard of that too with the Nexus One. The only phones I've heard of with screen problems, be it rainbow banding and cracked screens, are HTC devices. That is unless the users drops the device and shatters the screen like some people tend to do with iPhones, but that is besides the point.

Is it just HTC or are other phone companies having problems with user error causing screens to malfunction?
Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
I've heard of that too with the Nexus One. The only phones I've heard of with screen problems, be it rainbow banding and cracked screens, are HTC devices. That is unless the users drops the device and shatters the screen like some people tend to do with iPhones, but that is besides the point.

Is it just HTC or are other phone companies having problems with user error causing screens to malfunction?
I think the phone screens are probably cheaper made, I would prefer htc to use glass like the iphone but that would probably never happen.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:34 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
I think the phone screens are probably cheaper made, I would prefer htc to use glass like the iphone but that would probably never happen.
Yeah thats true. I heard the Droid was made out of something called Gorilla Glass. Maybe they could check into that...
Old 05-05-2010, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Yeah thats true. I heard the Droid was made out of something called Gorilla Glass. Maybe they could check into that...
apparently that stuff has been around for a while, but nobody was using it. be nice to make the screens more durable.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:49 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
apparently that stuff has been around for a while, but nobody was using it. be nice to make the screens more durable.
No stylus functionality though...unless you want to use a AAA battery

They do have styluses for capacitive though, just rather bulky

Also, I like how this has thread has turned into us going back and forth lol
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Threadstarter

AndroidTroll is keeping up the good workAndroidTroll is keeping up the good work

Incredible how sensative the htc screens are. On all my htc devices the lcds get scratched with feathers. If you have a debit or id card in your pocket and you put your phone for a second in there, you are guaranteed to het a minor scratch.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:54 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidTroll View Post
Incredible how sensative the htc screens are. On all my htc devices the lcds get scratched with feathers. If you have a debit or id card in your pocket and you put your phone for a second in there, you are guaranteed to het a minor scratch.
Thats how they are haha. My parents Droids are scratch free since October and I've had my first gen iPod touch since they came out, yet there are no scratches whatsoever. I guess that's just the price you pay for a resistive screen over capacitive. Hope my Incredible holds true to its capacitive screened counterparts and I can go scratch free for its entire duration
Old 05-25-2010, 03:59 PM
lt cmdr of a garbage scow
Pocket PC: epic 4g
Carrier: sprint

austin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsaustin420 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 30 Post(s)

capacitive screens are made of glasss and composite. thats y they are more resistant to being scratched. resistive screens are plastic. thats y a feather seems to even leave amark

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2