PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:02 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: Touch Pro 2 future problems

I wish I had an HD2. I'm jealous haha. I'm holding out until my TP2 goes out again (should be another month or so lol), then I think I'm going to pick up a Droid Incredible

Don't click me
Old 05-05-2010, 02:10 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I'm really growing to hate the Touch Pro 2, but ah well.

The major thing I miss about the Touch Pro 1 was memory. I never had out of memory issues on it and they plague the Touch Pro 2 like a cancer.

I'm getting to the point where I'll probably just give this phone to someone. It is getting really REALLY annoying.
Free Disposable Email: MyTrashMail
Old 05-05-2010, 02:12 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
I'm getting to the point where I'll probably just give this phone to someone. It is getting really REALLY annoying.
GIVING it away?! Haha. Post a thread on the TP2 forum and people will be alllllll over you lol.

In all seriousness, I'm really starting not to like it too
Old 05-05-2010, 02:26 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro 2

frazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regularfrazell is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by QMeli907 View Post
GIVING it away?! Haha. Post a thread on the TP2 forum and people will be alllllll over you lol.

In all seriousness, I'm really starting not to like it too
Yea I haven't made up my mind on doing it 100% as I'd need to replace it too. But I do know I'm getting more and more fed up every day.

I can't stand having to reset the phone multiple times a day to free up RAM. Or getting hangs because of lack of RAM.

I can't handle stuff just not working. It is problematic since I use the phone for business.

I had many failed Keyboards on my TP1, but I didn't have constant hangs or out of memory issues.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: NeXus S 4G

Rager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on repRager02 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

only hardware defect i have experienced with my previous tp2 was a bad usb port.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:11 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
The oil screen you mentioned is still a very persistent issue with the TP2. I have had 3 phones with this. Also, the microphone on the Verizon models seems to go out in some. These are the issues I have had. Just be very careful with the screen
if you've had 3 phones that have had this and 90% of the population haven't had it, chances are it is something you are exposing the phone to that is causing the issue. tight jeans pockets would be my guess, these are touch screens you know.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:13 AM

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
I hate how many touch pro 2's I've went through. I'm not even hard on it at all. The only thing I do that apparently is a sin for this phone is put it in my pocket. If anyone has had the same phone since September/October....you have been extremely lucky.
how about getting a case and stop putting it in your pocket??? why would you do something that you are pretty sure is breaking your phone?
Old 05-05-2010, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by frazell View Post
Yea I haven't made up my mind on doing it 100% as I'd need to replace it too. But I do know I'm getting more and more fed up every day.

I can't stand having to reset the phone multiple times a day to free up RAM. Or getting hangs because of lack of RAM.

I can't handle stuff just not working. It is problematic since I use the phone for business.

I had many failed Keyboards on my TP1, but I didn't have constant hangs or out of memory issues.
did you have those problems on 6./2.1??? or just since you've upgraded to 6.5? have you tried disabling sense and see if your problems go away? maybe tried mobile shell?

to the OP, the only hardware problems I have seen consistently complained about on this forum are funky usb ports (either stop recognizing on the computer or die completely), funky 3.5 ports (doesn't always recognize when headphones are disconnected), and rainbow banding (I still think most of these are user caused, but I'm probably in the minority on this one).
I have had this phone since sprint launch and have had none of these problems, though you can tell the usb is a little funky becuase if you wiggle the cord while connected to the computer, it will connect/disconnect on you.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:02 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: SS Galaxy S3
Carrier: VZ

sunNsnow is a n00b

I've had the TP2 since December and the only hardware issues I've noticed are: (1) loose USB connector that can fall out occasionally if I move the phone around too much; (2) my back door is starting to crack.

As for phone resets, the TP2 is not so different from the BB Pearl, where I had to do the same due to memory leaks.

Am I bored with the TP2? Yes, a little. But there is nothing on the market right now that interests me.
Old 05-05-2010, 09:38 AM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
how about getting a case and stop putting it in your pocket??? why would you do something that you are pretty sure is breaking your phone?
I would rather carry my phone in my pocket like 99% of the population do than get a case for it. Even if I did get a case, that does nothing to protect the screen. I've tried a screen protector, that does nothing either.

I'm a 19 year old college student. What am I going to do...carry my phone around on a belt clip like a 50 year old CEO or something? I don't think so. Maybe carry around in a man purse strapped around my shoulder? Not a chance.

I would rather carry my phone in my pocket, like every single other person that has a cell phone does nowadays, and get replacements as needed. I mean, I pay my $7 a month for something right? I might as well use it for a good cause, and when this phone craps out after warranty is out, that is what I will do.

I refuse to change my ways of carrying a phone to adjust to the screen on this device, and I accept that this will cause my phone's screen to go bad. I accept this and am comfortable with this. Until I get a capacitive screen device where this issue does not exist, then I will continue to get refurbished phone after refurbished phone until my warranty runs out or I decide to purchase a superior-screened device.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2