PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 06:53 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Sprint

bczrx is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Is there ANY way to make Sprint Navigation access our contact lists for directions?

I have the TouchPro2 from Sprint with the Sprint Factory WM6.5 update installed.

I have never cared for Sprint Navigation, as I have to type or speak in an address for directions. I like how Bing or Google allow access to my contact folder.

Is there ANY way to have Sprint Navigation access that contact folder also?

Thanks!
Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: palm treo pro 850
Carrier: sprint

wirenut110 is just getting started
Re: Is there ANY way to make Sprint Navigation access our contact lists for direction

sounds like a good idea
Old 05-04-2010, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work
Re: Is there ANY way to make Sprint Navigation access our contact lists for direction

i don't know if it's possible from within sprint nav to access contacts, but i use this "fix" and can click "drive to" from within the contact list which then launches sprint nav.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=drive+cab

Last edited by dalastone; 05-04-2010 at 07:50 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Evo Shift 4G

haus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuffhaus knows their stuff

There is an option from within Sprint Nav to copy your contacts to TeleNav. I'm too chicken to try it, but maybe you aren't. At the home screen, hit share and more, then My Stuff, My Contacts, and Copy Contacts from Phone. It will ask to confirm that you want to copy contacts to TeleNav.

Dunno if it'll work, but I too miss the "drive to" option that was in the Touch Pro (IIRC).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bczrx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post
There is an option from within Sprint Nav to copy your contacts to TeleNav. I'm too chicken to try it, but maybe you aren't. At the home screen, hit share and more, then My Stuff, My Contacts, and Copy Contacts from Phone. It will ask to confirm that you want to copy contacts to TeleNav.

Dunno if it'll work, but I too miss the "drive to" option that was in the Touch Pro (IIRC).

I tried this and it sucks. I can now pick a name or a phone number to drive to after copying my contacts, but I can't pick any of the addresses in my phone's directory. It is useless. Is it any better in the true TeleNav software, or is the same problem there as well?

Thanks for the tip to the other thread. I have posted my experiences with it over there.

Let's just say I am still looking for a working solution that is compatible with the Sprint OEM WM6.5 update. Anyone else have any solutions?
Old 05-05-2010, 03:24 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by bczrx View Post
I tried this and it sucks. I can now pick a name or a phone number to drive to after copying my contacts, but I can't pick any of the addresses in my phone's directory. It is useless. Is it any better in the true TeleNav software, or is the same problem there as well?

Thanks for the tip to the other thread. I have posted my experiences with it over there.

Let's just say I am still looking for a working solution that is compatible with the Sprint OEM WM6.5 update. Anyone else have any solutions?
try this, look in the "win mo" contact list (start>outlook>contacts) then hightlight the person then click menu. the very first option should be "drive to"
it works perfect on my sprint 6.5 with googlemaps installled.
if your going thru the "all people" link on the people tab, then click the person>menu>see more info>then menu again, drive to should be the 2nd one on the list. just tried again on my phone and both ways work. good luck
Old 05-05-2010, 08:06 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by haus View Post

This doesn't work, I think due to 6.5 putting addresses under the "info" part of the contact. all telenav seems to be able to pull over is the phone numbers under the main contact page (not info or notes).
nice idea though, thanks given.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:28 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

bczrx is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastone View Post
try this, look in the "win mo" contact list (start>outlook>contacts) then hightlight the person then click menu. the very first option should be "drive to"
it works perfect on my sprint 6.5 with googlemaps installled.
if your going thru the "all people" link on the people tab, then click the person>menu>see more info>then menu again, drive to should be the 2nd one on the list. just tried again on my phone and both ways work. good luck
Thanks for the tip Dalastone, but it still didn't work. I can list all the options under menu in the win mo contact list, but it isn't there.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I installed the 'new' Bing, realized it sucked [just like Sprint Nav, no access to contacts] so I installed a Sept 2009 Bing Cab that I know worked?

At the bottom of that menu list is both "Locate in Google Maps" and "Show on Map". The latter one is Bing. But nowhere is 'drive to' visible.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalastone View Post
i don't know if it's possible from within sprint nav to access contacts, but i use this "fix" and can click "drive to" from within the contact list which then launches sprint nav.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=drive+cab
Quote:
Thanks for the tip Dalastone, but it still didn't work. I can list all the options under menu in the win mo contact list, but it isn't there.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I installed the 'new' Bing, realized it sucked [just like Sprint Nav, no access to contacts] so I installed a Sept 2009 Bing Cab that I know worked?

At the bottom of that menu list is both "Locate in Google Maps" and "Show on Map". The latter one is Bing. But nowhere is 'drive to' visible.
you have to of done the "fix" he linked, to see the drive to option hes talkin about, right?
Old 05-05-2010, 11:29 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:

that is weird - I don't have "locate in google maps" or "show on map" as options. i don't have the new bing istalled, but i do have the new googole maps. strange. in my winmo contacts list, i have "drive to", "map it" "business search" "edit" etc. and if i go thru "all people" on people tab, i have "send via bluetooth", "drive to" "map it" etc.

Last edited by dalastone; 05-05-2010 at 11:50 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2