PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Is there ANY way to make Sprint Navigation access our contact lists for directions? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120178)

bczrx 05-04-2010 06:53 PM

Is there ANY way to make Sprint Navigation access our contact lists for directions?

I have the TouchPro2 from Sprint with the Sprint Factory WM6.5 update installed.

I have never cared for Sprint Navigation, as I have to type or speak in an address for directions. I like how Bing or Google allow access to my contact folder.

Is there ANY way to have Sprint Navigation access that contact folder also?

Thanks!

wirenut110 05-04-2010 07:27 PM

Re: Is there ANY way to make Sprint Navigation access our contact lists for direction

sounds like a good idea

dalastone 05-04-2010 07:48 PM

Re: Is there ANY way to make Sprint Navigation access our contact lists for direction

i don't know if it's possible from within sprint nav to access contacts, but i use this "fix" and can click "drive to" from within the contact list which then launches sprint nav.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=drive+cab

haus 05-04-2010 10:52 PM

There is an option from within Sprint Nav to copy your contacts to TeleNav. I'm too chicken to try it, but maybe you aren't. At the home screen, hit share and more, then My Stuff, My Contacts, and Copy Contacts from Phone. It will ask to confirm that you want to copy contacts to TeleNav.

Dunno if it'll work, but I too miss the "drive to" option that was in the Touch Pro (IIRC).

bczrx 05-05-2010 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 1735351)
There is an option from within Sprint Nav to copy your contacts to TeleNav. I'm too chicken to try it, but maybe you aren't. At the home screen, hit share and more, then My Stuff, My Contacts, and Copy Contacts from Phone. It will ask to confirm that you want to copy contacts to TeleNav.

Dunno if it'll work, but I too miss the "drive to" option that was in the Touch Pro (IIRC).

I tried this and it sucks. I can now pick a name or a phone number to drive to after copying my contacts, but I can't pick any of the addresses in my phone's directory. It is useless. Is it any better in the true TeleNav software, or is the same problem there as well?

Thanks for the tip to the other thread. I have posted my experiences with it over there.

Let's just say I am still looking for a working solution that is compatible with the Sprint OEM WM6.5 update. Anyone else have any solutions?

dalastone 05-05-2010 03:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bczrx (Post 1735679)
I tried this and it sucks. I can now pick a name or a phone number to drive to after copying my contacts, but I can't pick any of the addresses in my phone's directory. It is useless. Is it any better in the true TeleNav software, or is the same problem there as well?

Thanks for the tip to the other thread. I have posted my experiences with it over there.

Let's just say I am still looking for a working solution that is compatible with the Sprint OEM WM6.5 update. Anyone else have any solutions?

try this, look in the "win mo" contact list (start>outlook>contacts) then hightlight the person then click menu. the very first option should be "drive to"
it works perfect on my sprint 6.5 with googlemaps installled.
if your going thru the "all people" link on the people tab, then click the person>menu>see more info>then menu again, drive to should be the 2nd one on the list. just tried again on my phone and both ways work. good luck

nrfitchett4 05-05-2010 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by haus (Post 1735351)

This doesn't work, I think due to 6.5 putting addresses under the "info" part of the contact. all telenav seems to be able to pull over is the phone numbers under the main contact page (not info or notes).
nice idea though, thanks given.

bczrx 05-05-2010 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalastone (Post 1735702)
try this, look in the "win mo" contact list (start>outlook>contacts) then hightlight the person then click menu. the very first option should be "drive to"
it works perfect on my sprint 6.5 with googlemaps installled.
if your going thru the "all people" link on the people tab, then click the person>menu>see more info>then menu again, drive to should be the 2nd one on the list. just tried again on my phone and both ways work. good luck

Thanks for the tip Dalastone, but it still didn't work. I can list all the options under menu in the win mo contact list, but it isn't there.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I installed the 'new' Bing, realized it sucked [just like Sprint Nav, no access to contacts] so I installed a Sept 2009 Bing Cab that I know worked?

At the bottom of that menu list is both "Locate in Google Maps" and "Show on Map". The latter one is Bing. But nowhere is 'drive to' visible.

boredandtattooed 05-05-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dalastone (Post 1735076)
i don't know if it's possible from within sprint nav to access contacts, but i use this "fix" and can click "drive to" from within the contact list which then launches sprint nav.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...ight=drive+cab

Quote:

Originally Posted by bczrx (Post 1735968)
Thanks for the tip Dalastone, but it still didn't work. I can list all the options under menu in the win mo contact list, but it isn't there.

I wonder if it had anything to do with the fact that I installed the 'new' Bing, realized it sucked [just like Sprint Nav, no access to contacts] so I installed a Sept 2009 Bing Cab that I know worked?

At the bottom of that menu list is both "Locate in Google Maps" and "Show on Map". The latter one is Bing. But nowhere is 'drive to' visible.

you have to of done the "fix" he linked, to see the drive to option hes talkin about, right?

dalastone 05-05-2010 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bczrx (Post 1735968)

that is weird - I don't have "locate in google maps" or "show on map" as options. i don't have the new bing istalled, but i do have the new googole maps. strange. in my winmo contacts list, i have "drive to", "map it" "business search" "edit" etc. and if i go thru "all people" on people tab, i have "send via bluetooth", "drive to" "map it" etc.