PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 02:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Marvsway is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
WMWifiRouter Vs Others

After reading a few posts here on Tethering and using your phone as a Wifi Hotspot, I decided to try out the WMWiFi Router (Trial Version). Works great! Very user friendly. Even A technology tard like me can actually use it easily. It supports both tethering and wifi. Lets me take calls and do other crap on the phone while still letting me surf the web on my laptop. Question is, for those of you that have tried this as well as the other apps like TomCodon etc, Is this app worth the $20 or should I save my money? The reason I ask is because, as I said before, I'm a tech tard and I want something that's relatively simple, no need for me to spend hours trying to figure out if it has issues, and obviously, I need it to be stealth (which I still don't know if it is). While on the trying to figure out subject what does Regediting do exactly?
Old 05-04-2010, 02:12 PM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed
Re: WMWifiRouter Vs Others

ive used WMWifirouter for about 2yrs now.. i use it everyday.. pretty sure the app was $30 even when i bought it, and i still think it was worth it... it offered way better speeds at the time than Internet Sharing did on my Mogul... i personally think its worth it...

to play both sides.. the TomCodon one your referring too is Free.. Silly Simple to use.. and is cooked into most custom ROMs for you..

ive tested all 3 methods that i use several times over the past to figure out which method is best for My device and My area.. WMWifirouter(3g>wifi and wifi>usb), Internet Sharing(usb), and the TomCodon.. i get the best overall Average/Consistent speed with my WMWifirouter app.. follwed by Internet Sharing.. then TOmCOdon version dead last(i actually get really bad performance using this one)

hope i helped
Old 05-04-2010, 02:13 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

have you tried tomcondon? my wife used my tp2 last night with her lappy and it worked flawlessly.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

dalastone is keeping up the good workdalastone is keeping up the good work

i too use the wmwifirouter with no probs. also use the tomcodon one, both work great - no issues at all. i was also overwhelmed with those "regedits" and such, so havent do any of them. so far no issues from sprint but im not a heavy user, just emails, some browsing.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Back
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: VZW

redd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the communityredd214 is a trusted member of the community

ive used both wmwifirouter (old free version) and htc wifi sharing (tomcodon). performance has been pretty equal for me, not enough of a difference to want spending money on the newer wmwifirouter. i know they just added some features in the new release but id rather my money go elsewhere personally
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:34 AM
VIP & Proud Member of CBM
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2-Sprint, HTC Evo Fully Rooted-Sprint
Carrier: Sprint Nextel

nxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on repnxtech3 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i use the one in this post, cant tether USB but i only need Wifi. works pretty decent IMO
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...45&postcount=9

"I pity tha fool... that don't press !"

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2