PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 06:39 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

eb50 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to eb50
Facebook contact sync question

I synced up most of my contact list on my TP2 with facebook profiles, and the pictures pulled over fine. However, I am trying to figure out how to get the pictures to update (ie connect to facebook and ensure profile pics are up to date on the phone).
Any ideas?
TIA
Old 05-04-2010, 08:29 AM
337 L.V.
Pocket PC: HTC TP JR
Carrier: SPRINT

youngpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPyoungpro83 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Facebook contact sync question

Quote:
Originally Posted by eb50 View Post
I synced up most of my contact list on my TP2 with facebook profiles, and the pictures pulled over fine. However, I am trying to figure out how to get the pictures to update (ie connect to facebook and ensure profile pics are up to date on the phone).
Any ideas?
TIA
Fist go to contacts and all contacts and scroll over to updates and events. Now press menu then settings. Make sure that its set to download automatically and if you have unlimited data go ahead and click download data when roaming. Now click done or OK. Your facebook profiles should now update automatically. REMEMBER THEY WILL ONLY UPDATE EVERY 2 HOURS. So say they updated already at 2pm. And then your friend changes their profile pic at lets say 4:05pm then you wont see the changed profile pic until 6pm. You can always just go to updates and events and click update now, but after you do the settings I mentioned above they should update periodically EVERY 2 HOURS.

This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:10 AM
Volunteer Newsie
Pocket PC: NS4G
Carrier: Sprint - SERO Premium

beathookup is keeping up the good workbeathookup is keeping up the good work

Thanks for that I have been wondering how to make this happen
Old 05-04-2010, 10:29 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Epic 4G Touch

tool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stufftool2269 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to tool2269 Send a message via Yahoo to tool2269

too bad it still doesnt work for me.. not even after manually updating. my contact card still shows my facebook status message from months ago.

EDIT I just had to log out/log back into facebook intergration

Settings/Data Services/Facebook Social Network Data Sync (turn off, then turn back on)

Last edited by tool2269; 05-04-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: found fix
Old 05-14-2010, 11:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor

So I'm having similar FB problems, only mine have to do with profile pictures. It's not updating the profile pics for any of my old contacts and when I try to link a new contact with their FB profile for the first time, it won't download the picture (just sits on that grey silhouette with the FB logo in the corner).

I checked my data connection settings and they're set to update every 2 hrs, but it's just not working. How did you find the facebook integration option? I can't find "data services" under my main settings window and I can't find it in my contacts either.

Thanks for the help!
Old 05-14-2010, 11:54 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmaiden11 View Post
So I'm having similar FB problems, only mine have to do with profile pictures. It's not updating the profile pics for any of my old contacts and when I try to link a new contact with their FB profile for the first time, it won't download the picture (just sits on that grey silhouette with the FB logo in the corner).

I checked my data connection settings and they're set to update every 2 hrs, but it's just not working. How did you find the facebook integration option? I can't find "data services" under my main settings window and I can't find it in my contacts either.

Thanks for the help!
if your willing to re sync all your contacts you could delete your fb files, which is like 2-3 i think in the root of your phone. i had to delete them because everytime i tried to sync a contact my sense would crash and reload.
Old 05-14-2010, 12:02 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

snowmaiden11 is becoming a great contributor

Do you mean all my fb files? Or just the fb contact files? I'm just afraid if I delete all those, then I won't have ANYONE'S fb profile pic (old or not)
Old 05-14-2010, 06:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6900, TP2
Carrier: Verizon

arn24 is becoming a great contributor

I'm having a similar problem. I linked all my contacts, and the contact pics there update, but the little pics in text messaging don't change. I have the device set to update every 2 hours as suggested.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks!

Aaron
Old 05-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OverClocked & Energized Touch Pro 2

puff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on reppuff601 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anyone know how to move the facebook pics folder from \windows\fbcontacts to the storage card? i have close to 300 fb friends so that folder is pretty big...
Old 05-18-2010, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

locomariachi is just getting started

Where are the fb files on the phone then? I'm willing to delete things here and try this. I'm tired of the contacts and such not syncing properly. Anyone have the steps?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2