PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro 2 (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Facebook contact sync question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=120112)

eb50 05-04-2010 06:39 AM

Facebook contact sync question

I synced up most of my contact list on my TP2 with facebook profiles, and the pictures pulled over fine. However, I am trying to figure out how to get the pictures to update (ie connect to facebook and ensure profile pics are up to date on the phone).
Any ideas?
TIA

youngpro83 05-04-2010 08:29 AM

Re: Facebook contact sync question

Quote:

Originally Posted by eb50 (Post 1733817)
I synced up most of my contact list on my TP2 with facebook profiles, and the pictures pulled over fine. However, I am trying to figure out how to get the pictures to update (ie connect to facebook and ensure profile pics are up to date on the phone).
Any ideas?
TIA

Fist go to contacts and all contacts and scroll over to updates and events. Now press menu then settings. Make sure that its set to download automatically and if you have unlimited data go ahead and click download data when roaming. Now click done or OK. Your facebook profiles should now update automatically. REMEMBER THEY WILL ONLY UPDATE EVERY 2 HOURS. So say they updated already at 2pm. And then your friend changes their profile pic at lets say 4:05pm then you wont see the changed profile pic until 6pm. You can always just go to updates and events and click update now, but after you do the settings I mentioned above they should update periodically EVERY 2 HOURS.

beathookup 05-04-2010 09:10 AM

Thanks for that I have been wondering how to make this happen

tool2269 05-04-2010 10:29 AM

too bad it still doesnt work for me.. not even after manually updating. my contact card still shows my facebook status message from months ago.

EDIT I just had to log out/log back into facebook intergration

Settings/Data Services/Facebook Social Network Data Sync (turn off, then turn back on)

snowmaiden11 05-14-2010 11:42 AM

So I'm having similar FB problems, only mine have to do with profile pictures. It's not updating the profile pics for any of my old contacts and when I try to link a new contact with their FB profile for the first time, it won't download the picture (just sits on that grey silhouette with the FB logo in the corner).

I checked my data connection settings and they're set to update every 2 hrs, but it's just not working. How did you find the facebook integration option? I can't find "data services" under my main settings window and I can't find it in my contacts either.

Thanks for the help!

psycho_maniac 05-14-2010 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by snowmaiden11 (Post 1752231)
So I'm having similar FB problems, only mine have to do with profile pictures. It's not updating the profile pics for any of my old contacts and when I try to link a new contact with their FB profile for the first time, it won't download the picture (just sits on that grey silhouette with the FB logo in the corner).

I checked my data connection settings and they're set to update every 2 hrs, but it's just not working. How did you find the facebook integration option? I can't find "data services" under my main settings window and I can't find it in my contacts either.

Thanks for the help!

if your willing to re sync all your contacts you could delete your fb files, which is like 2-3 i think in the root of your phone. i had to delete them because everytime i tried to sync a contact my sense would crash and reload.

snowmaiden11 05-14-2010 12:02 PM

Do you mean all my fb files? Or just the fb contact files? I'm just afraid if I delete all those, then I won't have ANYONE'S fb profile pic (old or not)

arn24 05-14-2010 06:03 PM

I'm having a similar problem. I linked all my contacts, and the contact pics there update, but the little pics in text messaging don't change. I have the device set to update every 2 hours as suggested.

Anybody else have this problem?

Thanks!

Aaron

puff601 05-14-2010 06:23 PM

anyone know how to move the facebook pics folder from \windows\fbcontacts to the storage card? i have close to 300 fb friends so that folder is pretty big...

locomariachi 05-18-2010 11:00 AM

Where are the fb files on the phone then? I'm willing to delete things here and try this. I'm tired of the contacts and such not syncing properly. Anyone have the steps?