PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2010, 12:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
is the TP2?

is the touch pro 2 the only phone that is going to have this sim slot?.....i have become so acustom to it.....it really saves time when transfering contacts and saving important txt msgs when u switch roms or hard reset.......i think they should come on all models of sprint phones.....will it cost alot just to have the sim slot in there for contacts ect and not a world phone since i heard that cost extra to do?........................what will you do with your sim cards when you upgrade to another phone?
Old 05-04-2010, 12:20 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Droid Incredible & HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

QMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuffQMeli907 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to QMeli907 Send a message via Yahoo to QMeli907
Re: is the TP2?

That was really hard to read, not gunna lie. What is it that you are asking? Are you just questioning whether the touch pro 2 will be the only phone to have the sim card slot where is it positioned on it?

It is a world phone, meaning it is capable on running on either a CDMA or GSM network, therefore it needs a sim card

Don't click me
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

crownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrownholder is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

basically i was saying it is very useful and should be on all phones just for contacts and ect(saving info to be transfered).....and was wondering will this be the only phone they release with that option?
minus the world phone stuff
Old 05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

So what you're asking, is if there will be a SIM card in other phones, just for the purpose of making it easy to switch contacts, and messages, correct? If so, the answer is no, the purpose of a SIM card is so that the phone can work on GSM networks as well as CDMA networks, making it a world phone. The SIM card is meant for that, it has the extra feature of holding contacts and messages, but that is not what it was made for, and Sprint, being a CDMA carrier does not use SIM cards for their phones, unless they want them to be world phones.

If you want an easier way to back up contacts and Text messages, you should look up either, PIM backup, or, Microsoft my phone. Both these options work very well for Windows mobile smart phones.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:33 AM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownholder View Post
basically i was saying it is very useful and should be on all phones just for contacts and ect(saving info to be transfered).....and was wondering will this be the only phone they release with that option?
minus the world phone stuff
Sprint being CDMA, it does not make since for them to add it to there phone's unless its a world phone. Ya it would be nice but thats just a pipe dream.
Old 05-04-2010, 12:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post
So what you're asking, is if there will be a SIM card in other phones, just for the purpose of making it easy to switch contacts, and messages, correct? If so, the answer is no, the purpose of a SIM card is so that the phone can work on GSM networks as well as CDMA networks, making it a world phone. The SIM card is meant for that, it has the extra feature of holding contacts and messages, but that is not what it was made for, and Sprint, being a CDMA carrier does not use SIM cards for their phones, unless they want them to be world phones.

If you want an easier way to back up contacts and Text messages, you should look up either, PIM backup, or, Microsoft my phone. Both these options work very well for Windows mobile smart phones.
yea i looked into those just didnt appeal to me.....will there be other world phones released from sprint cause i read some where that it cost them money to maintain those sorts of phones and even to add that as an option
Old 05-04-2010, 12:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

sjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularsjs01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownholder View Post
yea i looked into those just didnt appeal to me.....will there be other world phones released from sprint cause i read some where that it cost them money to maintain those sorts of phones and even to add that as an option
Here is a list of world phones from Sprint. I'm not sure if they plan on making more in the future or not.
Old 05-04-2010, 03:33 AM
The Dyslexic VIP
Pocket PC: (3)TPs (1)TP2 (1) Optimus S (1) Dell Mini 10

boredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the communityboredandtattooed is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to boredandtattooed Send a message via MSN to boredandtattooed Send a message via Yahoo to boredandtattooed Send a message via Skype™ to boredandtattooed

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjs01 View Post

never heard of Nextel??? dont all nextels have a SIM, yet almost none, if any, are world phones?? but yeah, SPrint, probably wont have another.. just wanted to point out a SIM doesnt make it a world phone
Old 05-04-2010, 03:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by boredandtattooed View Post
never heard of Nextel??? dont all nextels have a SIM, yet almost none, if any, are world phones?? but yeah, SPrint, probably wont have another.. just wanted to point out a SIM doesnt make it a world phone
I'm sorry, I was specifically talking about CDMA phones, I thought the OP meant just Sprint CDMA phones, not iDEN, sorry about that.

Actually reading more up on it, both iDEN, and GSM are based on a technology called TDMA. GSM is actually the basis for iDEN. So that would explain why iDEN phones use SIM cards. There is a purpose, it isn't just there for contacts and messages.

Last edited by sjs01; 05-04-2010 at 04:01 AM.
Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 AM
ѕнρ ѕоfтшаяє
Pocket PC: EVO4G
Carrier: sprinт

Cicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIPCicatrize is a VIP

Microsoft MyPhone will back up all of that stuff and more.

I sync with my Google account which is great, especially when I get an Android phone, but it won't back up your SMS.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2