PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: SPRINT

sonysw is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery usage--Sprint 6.5 OEM versus mightyrom

The battery on the new rom drains so quickly. The phone is fully charged at 8AM and if I don't use the phone it is 35% at 5PM. If I use it just moderate browsing an text, it does not even last until 5PM. I never have this problem before with the 6.1. I install the 60 cab disconnect, it helps but I have problem with the incoming call. So I uninstall the cab. I do not use push email and the email is checking only every 30 minutes. I have good signal in my area.

Here my question.
1. Do you have this issue with 6.5 custom rom (mighty rom for example) How is the battery usage compare to OEM sprint 6.5 ?
2. Any tweak that I can do ? I would greatly appreciate.
Old 05-03-2010, 07:07 PM
Old Dirty Jamaican
Pocket PC: Motorola Photon
Carrier: Sprint

Wesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributionsWesley762 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Battery usage--Sprint 6.5 OEM versus mightyrom

Battery level is such a hard thing to gauge, Honestly the best thing you can do is try it. everyone is going to have different experience's with battery life. I have run alot of MM's ROMS and battery has always been great but no different than stock.

Just my 2 cents
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC TP2

worshipNtribute is a n00b

I'm using mighty's newest SE rom, which is basically his official with eye candy, and I absolutely love it. I've been running it for 2 days and only charged it once in my car for about 15 minutes. I send about 100 texts a day, and use the internet for about 1-2 hours. On the first day I did a 100% charge and let it run, it was down to 30 percent after 30 hours. I would definitely upgrade the ROM. I'm sure if you look around you'll find many different roms that people love (MR. X, Silence, Energy) but Mightyrom has been my favorite for a while
Old 05-03-2010, 07:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint SERO 500

tracerit is becoming a great contributor

ever since I upgraded to MIghtyROM with Sense 2.5, my battery life sucked so much. It would drop 30% over night. I found out it was becuase i had my 5 email accounts checking for email every 10 minutes. The thing was i had this same setting when i was with MightyROM (Sense 2.1) and it would only drop 10% overnight. Once I turned that off it's all good now.
Old 05-05-2010, 11:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I only have one email account and check the email every 30 minutes. I still don't understand why the 6.5 drain the battery so much. Any tweak or cab ?
Old 05-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonysw View Post
I install the 60 cab disconnect, it helps but I have problem with the incoming call. So I uninstall the cab. I do not use push email and the email is checking only every 30 minutes. I have good signal in my area.
The biggest culprit is the always on data connection IMO.
I too installed the 60 sec data disconnect & was getting OUTSTANDING battery life.
~ 80% left by EOB day with avg calls, txt, data usage.

But the nasty side effect is that I am UNABLE to answer calls if the data is coincidentally on @ the same time - this is not acceptable.

So I notice that with it uninstall, I have to manually remind myself to turn off the data - no matter if it is supposedly dormant or not.
So now I am @ ~ 60% by EOB day with avg calls, txt, data usage.

I've resorted to checking my phone every hour myself to turn off the data connection my self.

Last edited by Q_Q; 05-05-2010 at 01:20 PM.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

OK. The other problem that I have is that I use slide to lock/unlock but it seems the backlight is not turn off by it self. This probably use to much battery. I have to manually turn off or touch the button off after I lock it.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:08 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

Q_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regularQ_Q is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonysw View Post
OK. The other problem that I have is that I use slide to lock/unlock but it seems the backlight is not turn off by it self. This probably use to much battery. I have to manually turn off or touch the button off after I lock it.
Have you gone under AllSettings> Systems>Backlight> :
to access turning off the backlight after X mins.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 05-05-2010, 02:06 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks. I guess my problem is turn off device if not used is unchecked--leaving the device on forever. Hope this solved my battery issues. thanks.
Old 05-05-2010, 03:29 PM
Q_Q
Halfway to VIP Status

These devices are getting so convoluted in where they place things.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2