PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nbaj2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Help! Small crack in Screen, anyway to use on screen buttons with the keyboard?

So apparently I found a small spot on the screen of my Touch Pro 2, then realized that it must be a crack since the whole touch screen no longer responds. I have insurance on my phone and am going to try to bring it to the store to see what they will do. Of course even though I never had any water damage, the pink sticker on the side turned red awhile ago due to a drop of water touching it from when i applied the screen protector awhile ago I'm hopeful that they will swap it out for a refurbished one and not force me to pay the $100 deductible as I was just trying to hold out until the Evo is released next month.

I know there are some on screen buttons for doing certain things such as the 'Send' Button for sending a text message. Are there any keyboard shortcuts to actually select 'Send' to send a message besides for the on screen button?

If anyone has any thoughts that might help they'd be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

~J
Old 05-03-2010, 09:26 PM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Re: Help! Small crack in Screen, anyway to use on screen buttons with the keyboard?

i thought they considered all screen damages to be insurance claims. how are you going to prove that it's defective?

Old 05-04-2010, 12:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

nbaj2k is a n00b
Re: Help! Small crack in Screen, anyway to use on screen buttons with the keyboard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrfitchett4 View Post
i thought they considered all screen damages to be insurance claims. how are you going to prove that it's defective?
I was hoping that wasn't the case, but feared it probably would be.

I'll be stopping by a Sprint repair center tomorrow afterwork.

Assuming that is the case, does anyone know if it is possible to send a text message without using the touch screen? I can use the keyboard to get to SMS, address it to who I want and type the message, but I can't figure out if there is a way to send the message without the send key. If I'm going to have to hold onto this phone until the Evo comes out, I'll need to find some way to do this.

Also, I was trying to see if there was a way without using the touch screen to open the Opera browser and type a URL in, since I can't seem to get the address bar to display.

Anyone have any idea if its possible to do either of those?

Thanks,

~J
Old 05-04-2010, 09:31 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

SolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuffSolApathy knows their stuff

I would suggest removing the red water sticker on the side & cleaning off the adhesive. If they see that they will mark it as water damaged & from there on in it's trench warfare to get anything done.
Old 05-04-2010, 10:46 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2

lansing100 is just getting started

you can open opera by holding "FN" and the left arrow key

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro 2